Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

why do they call it plus size clothing

nycgirl said:
I don't think they should sell anything over a size 8. Selling plus sizes encourages women to stay plumpers (oh this doesn't fit - I just buy a size 18!)
I really cant believe you said that
 
Some items should never even be made in a size 18
 
nycgirl said:
I don't think they should sell anything over a size 8. Selling plus sizes encourages women to stay plumpers (oh this doesn't fit - I just buy a size 18!)
Dame it, if this were the case, my big ass would be wearing my sheets and comforters around town. How sexy would that be? :worried:

Hate to be the one to turn the joke serious....BUT I definitely don't agree with this one. (but that's what we're all here for right...agree to disagree?) That's right there along the lines with "unless you're skinny you're not attractive or can't be model material". (buncha horse crap) I've JUST recently made my way into an 8...vastly approaching a 6....but, I think i looked pretty dayum good in my 10's too. It's all a matter of opinion.
 
SoKlueles said:
bikinis for one?

thongs and halter tops to... Mini skirts.. uh.. yea..


Btw.. I wear a 16


















j/k
 
So you think obese people should walk around naked?
its stuff like this that makes people binge and purge and have gastric bypass surgery. Because society doesnt like it. Woman i weighed 257 lbs before and ill never EVER get into a freakin size 8. shit i never was in a size 8. Maybe when i was born. I have ALWAYS fought over my weight and i know alot of women and men in this world have also. You may have a fast metabolism because your skinny and stuff.
Let me tell u part of why i got at 257 lbs......part of it was being on prednisone for nearly 2 years with crohns disease. I felt like crap and the crap made me hurt all the time. but its all we had at the time to put that disease in remission. I knowww there are people out there that need to lose weight. but you know, there is always something wrong with someone, no matter if its on the inside or the outside. Some people are alcoholics, some are drug addicts but all in all being obese is the worst disease in this world to have. right? There are worse things in this world to be than obese
 
habitualhealth said:
Dame it, if this were the case, my big ass would be wearing my sheets and comforters around town. How sexy would that be? :worried:

Hate to be the one to turn the joke serious....BUT I definitely don't agree with this one. (but that's what we're all here for right...agree to disagree?) That's right there along the lines with "unless you're skinny you're not attractive or can't be model material". (buncha horse crap) I've JUST recently made my way into an 8...vastly approaching a 6....but, I think i looked pretty dayum good in my 10's too. It's all a matter of opinion.

But your hot so you don't count :rose:
 
habitualhealth said:
Dame it, if this were the case, my big ass would be wearing my sheets and comforters around town. How sexy would that be? :worried:

Hate to be the one to turn the joke serious....BUT I definitely don't agree with this one. (but that's what we're all here for right...agree to disagree?) That's right there along the lines with "unless you're skinny you're not attractive or can't be model material". (buncha horse crap) I've JUST recently made my way into an 8...vastly approaching a 6....but, I think i looked pretty dayum good in my 10's too. It's all a matter of opinion.

Totatally disagree. You have a right to your opinion.

It's not about being a model. It's about being healthy too. When I was in college (mid-90's) I was a ten . . it was hard finding clothes my size (believe me or not). So, I put down the chips and soda and ate better to get down to an 8.

Now I'm a 4 - not because I want to look good - but for health reasons.
 
nycgirl said:
Totatally disagree. You have a right to your opinion.

It's not about being a model. It's about being healthy too. When I was in college (mid-90's) I was a ten . . it was hard finding clothes my size (believe me or not). So, I put down the chips and soda and ate better to get down to an 8.

Now I'm a 4 - not because I want to look good - but for health reasons.
Well you are lucky to fit into a 4, some of us arent. I dont think im fat and im not a 4. I think i look pretty good.
So you are saying discriminate against obese people?
 
SoKlueles said:
Well you are lucky to fit into a 4, some of us arent. I dont think im fat and im not a 4. I think i look pretty good.
So you are saying discriminate against obese people?

When obese people become a protected class, then it's discrimination.

I cannot be the only one that remembers when the Gap did not sell over a size 8. The only reason why you find plus-size clothing is because more Americans are fatter than ever (hence my original point).
 
nycgirl said:
I don't think they should sell anything over a size 8. Selling plus sizes encourages women to stay plumpers (oh this doesn't fit - I just buy a size 18!)


WTF????

Wait till I tell all the ladies I meet while I am hanging around Lane Bryants what you said....and how I defended the plus sized ladies....It will be all over but the crying.
 
awittyusername said:
WTF????

Wait till I tell all the ladies I meet while I am hanging around Lane Bryants what you said....and how I defended the plus sized ladies....It will be all over but the crying.

So, you do like them thick! :qt:
 
nycgirl said:
When obese people become a protected class, then it's discrimination.

I cannot be the only one that remembers when the Gap did not sell over a size 8. The only reason why you find plus-size clothing is because more Americans are fatter than ever (hence my original point).
What world are u living in??? Obese people are discriminated every day. People laugh at them and make fun of them. Oh wait, do they make fun of drunks......probably not as much since they hide it better.....because they can "hide in skinny peoples clothes"........can obese people cause traffic accidents because they have "eaten too much" ....maybe, but not nearly as much as an alcoholic.
America is getting bigger. face it.
I just can not believe that came out of a womans mouth.
 
Well......I can fit into an 8 but I'm to long waisted so I get camel toe....now should I walk around with camel toe or should I buy a 9/10..I would say buy the larger size but according to your plan I would not be able to shop in your store! I think what you said is crap...so many brands are made different that we all vary in sizes....My tits wouldn't fit into anything under a 12-14 when it comes to tops
 
nycgirl said:
Totatally disagree. You have a right to your opinion.

It's not about being a model. It's about being healthy too. When I was in college (mid-90's) I was a ten . . it was hard finding clothes my size (believe me or not). So, I put down the chips and soda and ate better to get down to an 8.

Now I'm a 4 - not because I want to look good - but for health reasons.
Interesting....yes definitely everyone is entitled to their opinion.....so you're saying you can't be a size 10 and be healthy?? And no, it's not about being a model, it's about feeling good about yourself. And it's comments like "i dont think they should make anything over a size 8" that make women who aren't 100% secure with themselves derail. Society puts SO much focus on "skinny is in" that if you are a healthy size 8, 10, 12....you're still pre-judged by others. I think it's asinine and unintelligent to suggest anyone wearing anything over a size 8 would be unhealthy and/or unattractive. based on my pics, I haven't received too many comments or PMs from people suggesting I'm unhealthy or overweight or anything less than where I would want to be and truth be told, depending on where I shop...I could sport an 8 or a 10 and my ass still look "healthy".

Kudos to you for putting down the chips and soda...but my weight gain came from a very rough and difficult pregnancy.
 
SoKlueles said:
What world are u living in??? Obese people are discriminated every day. People laugh at them and make fun of them. Oh wait, do they make fun of drunks......probably not as much since they hide it better.....because they can "hide in skinny peoples clothes"........can obese people cause traffic accidents because they have "eaten too much" ....maybe, but not nearly as much as an alcoholic.
America is getting bigger. face it.
I just can not believe that came out of a womans mouth.

This is why I stopped posting in the women's forum. :rolleyes:
 
Gymgurl said:
Well......I can fit into an 8 but I'm to long waisted so I get camel toe....now should I walk around with camel toe or should I buy a 9/10..I would say buy the larger size but according to your plan I would not be able to shop in your store! I think what you said is crap...so many brands are made different that we all vary in sizes....My tits wouldn't fit into anything under a 12-14 when it comes to tops
In that world you would have to grace us with ur camel toe........
 
SoKlueles said:
What world are u living in??? Obese people are discriminated every day. People laugh at them and make fun of them. Oh wait, do they make fun of drunks......probably not as much since they hide it better.....because they can "hide in skinny peoples clothes"........can obese people cause traffic accidents because they have "eaten too much" ....maybe, but not nearly as much as an alcoholic.
America is getting bigger. face it.
I just can not believe that came out of a womans mouth.


Soklu, I had know idea Nygirl was prejudice towards full figured woman. Prejudice is something you should not stand for!!!!

Also, I had heard rumors about you two gals not liking each other, but nygirl seemed nice. I had no clue she didn't like you, because you were full figured. (even though you have lost weight and look great!)
 
Who thinks Marilyn monroe was sexy? I do and she was at least a size 12......her wide hips could have not fit into a freakin size 8.
 
awittyusername said:
Soklu, I had know idea Nygirl was prejudice towards full figured woman. Prejudice is something you should not stand for!!!!

Also, I had heard rumors about you two gals not liking each other, but nygirl seemed nice. I had no clue she didn't like you, because you were full figured. (even though you have lost weight and look great!)
:rolleyes:
I like her alot
I was just shocked that she said that.
 
I'll say this much, don't use society as a crutch. While I fully understand the extreme pressure that "society" can put on a person, the second you look in the mirror and realize that it is all about you and that you have choices in the world is the second societal pressures start meaning jack shit.
 
I could be a flabby ass size 8 or a healthy muscular low fat size 10....everyone is different...everyone has the right to what they think is normal...
 
Ive seen some VERY sexy women that wore size 10 clothing.. I think thicker girls are more sexually attractive though. especially if they have HUGE tits. :-)
 
everyone has their own opinion on this subject... that is something that will never change.

there is no right or no wrong when it comes personal opinions.

I do not discriminate... but my comment was that its unattractive to see a size 18 in a bikini. Thats my personal opinion.

I've seen size 12's look great and i've seen size 2's look like shit. Its not that number its how you fill it out.
 
habitualhealth said:
I've JUST recently made my way into an 8...vastly approaching a 6....but, I think i looked pretty dayum good in my 10's too. It's all a matter of opinion.

we need progress pics. nudes preferred, but sheer or form fitting clothing would be OK. and no winterbush K? :p
 
Frisky said:
everyone has their own opinion on this subject... that is something that will never change.

there is no right or no wrong when it comes personal opinions.

I do not discriminate... but my comment was that its unattractive to see a size 18 in a bikini. Thats my personal opinion.

I've seen size 12's look great and i've seen size 2's look like shit. Its not that number its how you fill it out.
agreed
 
Gymgurl said:
Well......I can fit into an 8 but I'm to long waisted so I get camel toe....now should I walk around with camel toe or should I buy a 9/10..I would say buy the larger size but according to your plan I would not be able to shop in your store! I think what you said is crap...so many brands are made different that we all vary in sizes....My tits wouldn't fit into anything under a 12-14 when it comes to tops

Shape is more important than size....Large or Small. So many of us are different and do not fit into the 'perfect size' clothes. It is somewhat a choice as to how 'big' or 'small' you get, but respect the choice.

BTW, that is my favorite avi, glad to see it back..... :insane:
 
I've on numerous ocassions had people think i was lighter than I am... that number doesn't mean jack. I've gone from a size 0 in hs.. where i looked like shit.. to now where It depends on the pants. My quads determine what size I have to by... and what brand also.

I've tried on some jeans that even a size 12.. there was no way in hell I was gonna get my thighs in there even with a jar of vasoline and winch. ;)
 
SoKlueles said:
:rolleyes:
I like her alot
I was just shocked that she said that.

Why would you be shocked? Somewhere on this board is my post about obese people. Next time I will say size 16, so I can include everyone on this board.
 
nycgirl said:
Why would you be shocked? Somewhere on this board is my post about obese people. Next time I will say size 16, so I can include everyone on this board.
So your saying anyone over a size 8 is obese? You must have small bones and never had kids.......because once u have kids those hips get wider.
Be proud your a size 4 because no matter what the hell i do i will never be a size 4......or a 8 for that matter
 
SoKlueles said:
So your saying anyone over a size 8 is obese? You must have small bones and never had kids.......because once u have kids those hips get wider.
Be proud your a size 4 because no matter what the hell i do i will never be a size 4......or a 8 for that matter

I never said anyone over an 8 is obese.

Btw, thanks to genetics, I have wide hips.
 
SoKlueles said:
But your saying that there should not be sizes over 8? Why then?

Soklu, I'm not going to argue with you about this. Maybe 8 was an exaggeration. But I don't think companies should make large size clothing, especially for children and teenagers. If you want my true opinion do a search for my post, it was a lot more harsh than this.

I have a right to my opinion, it will not change. I made my statements and now I am done.
 
nycgirl said:
Soklu, I'm not going to argue with you about this. Maybe 8 was an exaggeration. But I don't think companies should make large size clothing, especially for children and teenagers. If you want my true opinion do a search for my post, it was a lot more harsh than this.

I have a right to my opinion, it will not change. I made my statements and now I am done.
Well i hope you dont have children that are on the short stubby side. I have a 14 year old son that went thru a chubby phase and it was hard as hell finding him clothes....luckily hes growing out of it....but the boy is going to be huge.
And you shouldnt judge people for what they look like. You should judge people by who they are.
I have many friends who are big and small the same......and i love them the same.....and i would not want my bigger friends to be naked when i talk to them.
Trust me, hammy knows of one that im talking about:)
and i love her just the same.
 
Unless they are big from working out.

I think that in the "plus size" section of stores, they should have pics like nutsnack's avatar up for some positive reinforcement for the fattys to start exercising.

nutsnack's avi:

avatar90822_1.gif


....I think it would help.
 
hanselthecaretaker said:
Unless they are big from working out.

I think that in the "plus size" section of stores, they should have pics like nutsac's avatar up for some positive reinforcement for the fattys to start exercising.

But according to some, plumpers need to look good too.

That was the point I was trying to make. Next time I will be more clear, which may offend more than I just did.
 
hanselthecaretaker said:
Unless they are big from working out.

I think that in the "plus size" section of stores, they should have pics like nutsnack's avatar up for some positive reinforcement for the fattys to start exercising.

nutsnack's avi:

avatar90822_1.gif


....I think it would help.

#1 form of birth control on the market today!!
 
Frisky said:
Its not that number its how you fill it out.

I agree... also, I find sizing is often inconsistent, especially with pants, even with pants by the same brand, depending on the cut, etc. A size 26 or a size 6 or whatever is not always the same fit as a size 26 or 6 by another designer.
 
I've known size 0 women who I wouldn't be in the same room with if I had the choice, and I've known larger sized women who I have found to be intriguing and very fun to be around. Yes there are outfits that certain people, men and women, shouldn't wear, but if you judge people by their sizes you are doing a disservice to yourself. The best advice to anyone is if you want to really know someone, talk to them, don't assume anything based on appearance, or anything else for that matter.

just my .02
 
I would make chick clothes and automatically put a smaller "numer" on the tag


normally a 10 - fuck that - its now an 8
 
The Shadow said:
I would make chick clothes and automatically put a smaller "numer" on the tag


normally a 10 - fuck that - its now an 8

I've been following that same approach, kinda...I buy regular condoms and put them in the Magnum extra large box.

Chicks smile when I whip that box out.

;)
 
alien amp pharm said:
I've been following that same approach, kinda...I buy regular condoms and put them in the Magnum extra large box.

Chicks smile when I whip that box out.

;)

LMAO


I started to make a similar comment
 
alien amp pharm said:
I've been following that same approach, kinda...I buy regular condoms and put them in the Magnum extra large box.

Chicks smile when I whip that box out.

;)
chicks laugh when i take off my pants
 
I'm an ass man and if you put that rule here in Miami where I live, you would not see any store making money!!! at all. Personally depends on the body type if your 5'1 and 105 to 115lbs size 4 is fine but if you are 5'10 I know a lot of tall women with great bodies nice asses that wear size 12 to 10 and they are not over weight is because they are tall girls, big boned. I can see what she meant about how people are bigger then ever but remember some people have diseases not everybody can go to work out and do cardio etc....... some people dont have time they work too much etc.... so you have be contious that they are other people out there too, besides it boils down peoples character just my .2 cents
 
Dieselgoku23 said:
I like a man's ass and if you put that rule here in Miami where I live, you would not see any store making money!!! at all. Personally depends on the body type if your 5'1 and 185 to 215lbs size 4 is fine but if you are 5'10 I know a lot of tall men with great bodies nice asses that wear size 12 to 10 and they are not over weight is because they are tall guys, big boned. I can see what she meant about how people are bigger then ever but remember some people have diseases not everybody can go to work out and do cardio etc....... some people dont have time they work too much etc.... so you have be contious that they are other people out there too, besides it boils down peoples character just my .2 cents

:heks:
geigh :rainbow: :rainbow:
 
Just wondering how many of you were clinically obese? Ever tried losing over 100 lbs? The reasons people can become obese can be medical, mental or just plain stupidity. But if you really despise fat people, wouldn't it be better to just support them? Help them when they want it, treat them with respect. They know they're fat. They think about it all day & are filled with self loathing. Do all of you have no problems in your life that you cannot overcome. Just think about the comments your friends make when a heavier girl walks by. Or the jokes when some guy wearing 'tents'. How much are you helping them.
 
Top Bottom