Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do some people get a massive vein in their muscles while some don't?

they are hardcore looking but I think from a chick's point of view they look pretty darn nasty (i hate veiny chicks).

Any women here to back me up?

steroid use enhances vasodilation, so more blood gets pumped into the muscles during exercise

...steroids are way ahead of my line. I'm only 15, so I'm prlly gonna get at least 7 years natural before I even think about steroids.

it also has to do with the placement of the veins, on my left arm a large vein just runs on top over the mucle bellies of the biceps and the brachialis and you can sport it from front delts goind to my hands, However on my right arm it rides the inside of my biceps and you only see him when biceps is pumped as i got more meat in the peak than inside biceps....

But this is NOTHING compared to this redhead guy (former special comando) training at our gym. Redheads usually have thin skin but this one also has 5 % bodyfat average all year... you can spot cross-striations and veiny networks all over him (he is natural, but kinda psycho and comes from a whole family of athletes boxers etc). You can actually grasp some veins and lift them up (real freaky mofo, like this Munzer guy) . When pumped he looks like a purple pecker. About the girls... They say they don't like it BUT in fact (after observing carefully) it is my believe that quite a few are in denial as they just feel intimidated by this raw animalism and cannot take their eyes of it.....

:cool:

Blood Drinker, yeah most definitly don't like that. When The girls I know first started to learn how hard and often I hit the gym, they freaked out and told me not to get all veiny because thats nasty.

I thought the same thing too though when I first started I was thinking damn, those veins are disgusting. It looks like there going to pop.

of course now I love them.

When I started lifting I had vascular forearms but it was only very noticeable when my body temperature was elevated (I had poor circulation, which plays a big role as well I think). Now I've been noticing that the outiside of my forearms have gotten very veiny as well along with my biceps. I've also noticed than some guys have veiny shoulders while others don't. So, I think it's genetics and low bodyfat.
I also once heard that vascularity is an indication of how much muscle you might gain or have gained due to the correlation with how much blood is pumped into the vascular area. Does anyone have any insight on that? Could be bullshit for all I know.

goahead said:
About the girls... They say they don't like it BUT in fact (after observing carefully) it is my believe that quite a few are in denial as they just feel intimidated by this raw animalism and cannot take their eyes of it.....

LOL!!! I agree...

I thought it was potassium that gave you vascularity?

I have been doing some reading in a book entitled "Slice"..and it was stated by some folks in ther that potassium gives you the full vascular look ?...any thoughts??...

it is a number of things, not just size. i myself am a Skinny Minnie as far as body types go, although pretty cut on the upper body, and over the years i have seen veins pop up on my hands, arms and shoulders. (not crazy about how it looks but it seems to come with pumping iron for me). It has to do with not only body fat but skin type. Asians have thicker skin and veins don't show as much as Caucasians. Veins show up much more on very fair skin (which i have). The thinner the skin, the more your veins show through. That's also why veins (normal veins, not varicose) show more on older people than younger people.

lol, about the skin color , i guess it might have something to do with it, but this dude's black.
it's just a fucking blue vein popping out.

Niacin can also bring out veins.
I think Arnold's BB encyclopedia talks a lot about this, I was reading it the other day in the bookstore, yet I just overlooked it. Anyone have more info on this?

black people don't actually have thicker skin than white people, just more pigment.

i always thought those bulgy veins looked like they were going to pop too! I have very veiny forearms and actually they are easier to bruise because there's nothing on top of them cushioning them.

Top Bottom