Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do most guys at the gym........

forcd

So I have noticed something that I find really funny, that for me needs answering. Why do guys pick up plates or dumbells and whilst walking to their bench act like they carrying the heaviest thing on the planet, then begin their set now acting like its all to light for them. Carrying 60lb bells singularly lats, biceps and shoulders fully flexed dropping them from the greatest height they can.

I think u lift at some queer ass gym. I never saw anyone do that. If I pickup something heavy I act like its light.

Yeah, why would anyone try to act like a 60lbs. weight is heavy when they are walking.

It would do the opposite of making them look strong.

well for me I am in between sets and trying not to waste energy picking up weights.. also i am winded between sets. i go heavy and hard when i bench. my heart rate jumps to 130-135 after a set, so it looks like i am struggling but i'm just trying to catch my breath.

also when you pick up a weight to move it sometimes twisting the weight off the hooks can be harder than the actual lifting and then having to bend over and pick them up hurts when you did 6 sets of deadlifts the day before. I'm in pain right now just thinking about the brutal workout i had yesterday. i need a hot bath

Some people are just douch-bags, but sometimes they have a legit reason to be work out carrying the weights. I have stood up with a pair of 55lb DBs doing alternate DB curls, worn myself out so bad and gotten so fatigued and winded that it was everything I could do to just carry them back to the rack wincing the whole way.

My gym is slightly homo I got told not to bang the weights on the ground when I deadlift. Not because they think it's bad form they say it's bad for the plates haha. Whatever. but it's around the 5th gym I've trained at over the years and I think I've always noticed it. I'm with cobra666 if it's heavy it's heavy dont act just lift and I'll make sure I create the laziest way to get it to my bench. Roll it, move bench closer whatever it take. Im there to lift not Move weights around the room I've noticed so many things over the years where in my head I'm like are you kidding me who the fuck acts like that. But I've always trained alone. Never fallen into the must dress like a lifter and act like a pro. Though I would like a weights midget to spot me and carry plates around.

well for me I am in between sets and trying not to waste energy picking up weights.. also i am winded between sets. i go heavy and hard when i bench. my heart rate jumps to 130-135 after a set, so it looks like i am struggling but i'm just trying to catch my breath.

also when you pick up a weight to move it sometimes twisting the weight off the hooks can be harder than the actual lifting and then having to bend over and pick them up hurts when you did 6 sets of deadlifts the day before. I'm in pain right now just thinking about the brutal workout i had yesterday. i need a hot bath

And a cuddle by the sounds of it lol, joke. Man for a good two minutes after a set on my power days I gotta sit down I've thought before I'm gunna have an aneurism. Sometimes sounds come out like I'm a wounded chewwbukka, which doesn't sit right with my fat chicks gym. Fuck em, I leave the leg press loaded with 20 plates just to be a karnt.

I think u lift at some queer ass gym.

This ^

anything over 60 lb db's I just roll em over to where im at. Fuck carrying em there.
No one in my gym uses anything above 80's anyways.

Theres this awsome 3 tier rack of very old school york DB's. molded non plate style. But they only go to 90 lb.
The heavier DB's(100+) literally dont get used and are newer style rubber coated weight with knurled grip handles...those fuckers are so sharp you cant even hang onto them. I tried shrugging with a set last back w/o and i couldnt even get 10 reps they were digging into my hands. Im not whining either cause I have a real thick calous(sp?) build up but these fuckers hurt. Im bringing my gloves from now on when I need to use these particular DB's ...which sucks cause im gonna feel like a fag. I got no grip strength issues but these bastards are just sharp as hell.
My point being ^^^ Fuck carrying DB's

My gym is slightly homo I got told not to bang the weights on the ground when I deadlift. Not because they think it's bad form they say it's bad for the plates haha. Whatever. but it's around the 5th gym I've trained at over the years and I think I've always noticed it. I'm with cobra666 if it's heavy it's heavy dont act just lift and I'll make sure I create the laziest way to get it to my bench. Roll it, move bench closer whatever it take. Im there to lift not Move weights around the room I've noticed so many things over the years where in my head I'm like are you kidding me who the fuck acts like that. But I've always trained alone. Never fallen into the must dress like a lifter and act like a pro. Though I would like a weights midget to spot me and carry plates around.

every decent gym doesn't allow you to abuse the equipment. all you gotta do is grab some mats and put it under you to give it cushion.

at my old gym some idiots put holes in the floor from dropping heavy weights.. they had to rope off the entire area for like a month until they got around the fixing it.

but yeah not allowing grunting is stupid.. the music in gyms are loud enough and most everyone has head phones anyway so you can't hear a damn thing

Dude my gym has a bollywood class. I shit you not. The one good thing about joining a lame gym is, well mine still has all the good gear as used to be a real lifters gym and I know when I want any dumbells over 100 I kno where they are cos I put them there when I used them a couple of days ago haha, and I don't ever has to search for plates, nor wait for a squat rack. They wouldnt kno what to do with one. The one and only downside is you the only person takin it serious so it's byo mojo as you not collecting any motivation from the dude over there benching with half a plate on each side. Least I get left alone.

Top Bottom