Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why bulk up?

d.boyd1

I am new to bodybuiding, why not stay lean all year round instead of getting fat for the winter, what is the point to this?
Most women love the cut look rather than bulk.

you first problem is going with what women want,do this for yourself,plus it is easier to add size by bulking then trying to add lean body mass,i bulk all year right now but will cut some fat in spring,im not a fucking backstreet boy i dont need abs,when im ready to compete then fine,until then no abs

Last edited:
well said,........it's hard to add muscle when your calories are low,it's just easier to do when your calories are high ....

I guess I agree with these guys, but you need to way the pros and cons. Will you be willing to be fat for a while to add a little bit of muscle? Or would it be more beneficial to stay lean all year round? To me, I believe it will be better to stay lean all year. Its not fun when you are wearing pants that are two sizes too small and your nuts are pressing up against the crotch of your pants. Bulking is kinda a hassle.

i have bulking clothes and dieting clothes,i still wear the bulking ones while im dieting i just use a belt

I think cutting up and trying to gain that added bit of deffinision on your glutes is gay....bulking rules, i have always bulked, ate lots and lifted heavy....i aint fat!
I never work abs either...well, once every month maybe.

bottom line, girls hate the bodybuilder look, they preffer the not too ripped look and like a guy that is srtong looking.

No problem with people bulking or cutting, everybody has there opinions. So what your saying is that your body fat doesn't increase a lot whilst bulking. Only reason I ask about bulking is that i find it very difficult to lose fat.
How many calories a day do you eat or don't you count.
Do you only consume low fat food, or anything goes

Ehhem.......

The last time I checked I was a woman so I'll offer my .02 on this subject. First of all, not all women love the cut look. I could care less if a guy has washboard abs if he only weighs 165 lbs! If you weigh that little, then hell you aught to be cut. I'd much rather look at a guy that may be a little softer in the winter but solid and strong. There's nothing worse than watching a guy squat the same (if not less) than me. I'm trying to bulk myself, then cut up in the spring. Do you think I care what the guys in the gym think about that, HELL NO. Don't do it for the girls, because they come and go, do it for yourself and you won't ever go wrong.

Top Bottom