Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why a calorie is not a calorie,, calorie counting blows

glad I helped you out /\

fighterX77 said:

This article was good until i got to this part

"If someone ate 400 calories of Oatmeal 80% might get turned into glycogen and utilized in your muscle building efforts and only 20% gets stored as fat. Now if someone ate a 400 calorie glazed donut only 30% might get turned into glycogen and 70% go to your fat stores"

I don't buy that one bit, this seems like wishful thinking from someone promoting a healthy lifestyle. 70% of calories from a donut do not go straight to fat stores, and even if they do it wouldn't suprise me if those fats were released back into the bloodstream a few hours later.

Other than that both articles were good. Other things to take into account is satiety level based on macronutrient makeup. People are satiated on less calories on a low carb diet. Also a diet high in fiber has 2 benefits. it cuts down on food absorbtion (i read a study that people who ate a high fiber diet absorbed 92.5% of all calories while those on a low fiber diet absorbed 97% of calories) and lowers GI which lowers hunger and food intake. Low fat also lets people be satiated on less food too. So does high protein.

Another study i read involved a group given either high fat foods or low fat (7%), high fiber, high protein foods and told to eat as much as they wanted. Those on the high fat diet ate around 3000 kcal, those on the high fiber/low fat diet only ate around 1600.

Top Bottom