Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who's been to the Grand Canyon?

Fonz

"Q"
Platinum
Going there in late Nov before thanksgiving.

How long do I need to see it?

Is 5 days long enough?

Fonz

I've been there. It is quite breaktaking to say the least. I only spent 2 days touring it...and that was enough for me. I even took a donkey ride down into it for half a day. I think 5 days would be plenty of time to see it!

Night Fly said:
I've been there. It is quite breaktaking to say the least. I only spent 2 days touring it...and that was enough for me. I even took a donkey ride down into it for half a day. I think 5 days would be plenty of time to see it!

What towns are near it?

I'm going to hike it.....it shouldn't be too hot this time
of year.

Fonz

Fonz said:

What towns are near it?

I'm going to hike it.....it shouldn't be too hot this time
of year.

Fonz

That depends on if you're going to the north or south rim. (They're like a six hour drive from each other, since you have to circumvent the entire canyon.) Most people stick with the south rim. Keep in mind that there will be a large disparity in temperature if you're hiking down into the canyon. At the top, temps will probably be in the 40's or so, while at the bottom, you're looking more at the 70's to 80's. Pack/dress accordingly.

As far as nearby towns, the closest is Tusayan. It's a little berg just south of the canyon, like 15 minutes away. It doesn't really offer much besides gas/food/lodging, but it is close.

http://www.kaibab.org/gcvv/gc_vb_tu.htm

If you don't mind driving a few hours, your best bet would be Flagstaff. It's a great college town, with lots to do and see, lots of nightlife, and more choices for hotels.

the grand canyon is prolly one of the most breath taking places i have been to. u will really enjoy it! :)

SirWanksalot said:
Me thinks FONZ will spend one day at grand canyon and other 4 In Vegas..

Sirwanksalot

Haha.....you read my mind....LOL

But no, not this time. I'm reserving a trip of debauchary,
women, and copious amounts of dancing for later on. :)

Fonz

spentagn said:
Go white water rafting through it.

White ater rafting is cool. :)

However, I have my Level 5 in Kayaking.

White Water Kayaking is 100X better than rafting.

I don't think I'll have time though.

Fonz

Top Bottom