Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

While doing bench why I get no pump in chest?

shatf movie

I'm very happy with the muscle growth all over my body except my chest, and I work out harder on my chest more than any other Muscle group. I just can not can get it pumped, is it my diet or my genes? What am I doing wrong guys?

I hit the bench for 6 sets and my triceps and shoulders feel like bursting, but my chest feels fine. I have to do crazy isolation excercises like cable cross and fly machine, to even feel anything, and even then my other muscles around the chest tire quicker. It is like if my chest refuses to carry any of the load and it is just not growing at all.

You have chest, triceps, delts, back muscles, forearm muscles and more working while you bench. And you're probably not benching for you chest, you probably have a tricep/delt dominant bench. For a pec dominant bench, you have to take a narrower grip and flare your elbows out at the bottom. Only then do you get a full stretch and then full contraction on the bench.

People with small clavicles are often shoulder dominant bench pressers. I see this happen very often.

Focus on keeping your shoulders rolled back and pinned to the bench when benching. Really focus on developing a mind muscle connection and focus on your chest doing the work. It is very easy to allow your shoulders and triceps to take over the movement if you aren't focusing.

I would do an isolation movement like peck deck at the start of your chest workout to get a good pump in your chest so you have a good pump. You will be able to develop a better mind muscle connection that way.

For the next couple of weeks, lower the weight your lifting and really focus on making sure your chest is doing the movement.

Do read what's a good technique for bench pressing, but specially try on your own to get the feel of it. I had issues with shoulders a few years ago and I on purpose went down to literally 60 lbs on the military press. Did about a hundred reps each session. In a few weeks I MASSIVELY improved my ability to isolate the right heads of the shoulders. Try a minimalist program or something which isn't too stressful for the muscle either. So, try and try with little weight and you should "domesticate" your chest.

Top Bottom