Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

which is better

david_diesel

which is more preferable....to eat a whole meal consisting of two ham or turkey sandwiches on whole wheat or to drink a protein shake after i lift

thanks

Actually it would depend on what kind of protein powder you were using to make your shake. You want to use a protein powder with carbs in it postworkout.

The trick is to get some simple carbs into your system very quickly. This is why a liquid source is preferred to solids like your turkey sandwiches.

Generally speaking I like to drink a protein shake immediately after my workout and then eat a full meal about an hour later.

the protein powder i have is the pro complex by optimum nutrition. i have some vanilla flavored kind and was thinking of throwing some fruit into it to make it more of a shake and give it some simple carbs. i'm usually so damn hungry by the time i'm done working out that i like to eat but if this method is better then it's worth a try....thanks

I always prefer real food over shakes if possible. I eat a huge turkey on whole wheat sandwich after I lift. But most people seem to like the shakes. I get great results with my real food, tho.

Top Bottom