Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which belt for DL?

Which guy is the grip competitior? They all have HUGE forearms!!!

Brad is the giant guy the far left he's the powerlifter.
Wade is second in from the left he's the grip guy and amazing to see what he can do.
Karl is on the right and he's the pro strongman.

Every year at X-mas they have the yearly festivus with drinking and shows of strength in their garage. Their dad who was in the NFL still competes in it. Their pictures are legendary every year.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Is a belt a good idea? I'd think wanting to strengthen your own abdominal wall would be the ticket.

Is a belt a good idea? I'd think wanting to strengthen your own abdominal wall would be the ticket.

A couple weeks ago I box squatted 616 x 5 with no belt but wore I belt on my 693 x 5 set. I also do a lot of heavy ab work.

I generally end up wearing a belt when I'm at my hardest set...mid 6's on squats (if it is my hardest set) and 7ish on deadlifts. But I train my abs hard and heavy. Wearing a belt is NOT an excuse not to have to train your abs harder. In fact...it may be a reason to have to train them harder. With a belt I'll be planning on using more weight...so they will have to be stronger to support it.

And my abs (and yours) are longer/taller than any belt that you will be wearing anyway.

A couple weeks ago I box squatted 616 x 5 with no belt but wore I belt on my 693 x 5 set. I also do a lot of heavy ab work.

I generally end up wearing a belt when I'm at my hardest set...mid 6's on squats (if it is my hardest set) and 7ish on deadlifts. But I train my abs hard and heavy. Wearing a belt is NOT an excuse not to have to train your abs harder. In fact...it may be a reason to have to train them harder. With a belt I'll be planning on using more weight...so they will have to be stronger to support it.

And my abs (and yours) are longer/taller than any belt that you will be wearing anyway.

You have a very nice ab.:heart:

B-

Top Bottom