Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which belt for DL?

brian03

I've done some searches without much luck. Which belt would you guys recommend for deads? I'd use it primarily on 1RM - tweaked my back today & decided it's time to play it safe. Any advice is appreciated, I'm totally new to belts.

I've done some searches without much luck. Which belt would you guys recommend for deads? I'd use it primarily on 1RM - tweaked my back today & decided it's time to play it safe. Any advice is appreciated, I'm totally new to belts.

Check out this one:
Inzer Advance DesignsDetailed Information

It was suggested to me when I asked the same question and I got it, works great! I literally feel like I couldn't hurt my back when I'm in this this thing.

Inzer does make a good belt. I own two of them - one traditional and one with a lever that I use mainly on squat days. But let me throw a little monkey wrench in the works for you. Most strongman competitors I know use a Rehband belt. There are two models, one with a built in semi-hard belt (called the Strongman Pro), and the the other without. I have been using the former for about 6 months and like it a lot. When things started to get really heavy I used to put my hard belt over the top of my plain Rehband, and this avoids having to do that. But just having the plain one does offer the versatility of not having the hard belt always there.

I would link you to the site I buy this stuff exclusively from - Jackal's Gym - but their site is down right now. The company is owned by the Gillingham brothers, some of the most honorable and respectful people I know. Karl, is a pro strongman at the international level, Brad is a top 5 PLer and Wade is a grip competitor. They would be happy to answer any questions you have. Really good folks.

But the choice is yours. You can't go wrong with a plain hard leather belt or with a Rehband. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I will tell you though, my Rehband gets a lot more use than my hard belts, and that seems to be what happens when people start to use them.

B-

I have the inzer forever buckle and love it but I'm still prolly a year from breaking it in and I have had it for 2 already.

the inzer buckle belt is bullet proof
the only belt you will ever need...get the one with the double tongs.
pimp, should be a staple of any serious lifter

My belt is soooo old that it is from Bob's Belts...if ANYONE remembers them...

Thick, leather, single prong, I had to drill about 5 extra holes to fit my waist.

Inzer does make a good belt. I own two of them - one traditional and one with a lever that I use mainly on squat days. But let me throw a little monkey wrench in the works for you. Most strongman competitors I know use a Rehband belt. There are two models, one with a built in semi-hard belt (called the Strongman Pro), and the the other without. I have been using the former for about 6 months and like it a lot. When things started to get really heavy I used to put my hard belt over the top of my plain Rehband, and this avoids having to do that. But just having the plain one does offer the versatility of not having the hard belt always there.

I would link you to the site I buy this stuff exclusively from - Jackal's Gym - but their site is down right now. The company is owned by the Gillingham brothers, some of the most honorable and respectful people I know. Karl, is a pro strongman at the international level, Brad is a top 5 PLer and Wade is a grip competitor. They would be happy to answer any questions you have. Really good folks.

But the choice is yours. You can't go wrong with a plain hard leather belt or with a Rehband. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I will tell you though, my Rehband gets a lot more use than my hard belts, and that seems to be what happens when people start to use them.

B-

You mean these guys?

http://i47.tinypic.com/zmba05.jpg

Brad actually pulled me aside out of the crowd to talk to me. Three really cool and strong guys.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom