Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where to get CASEIN?? Help!

what's wrong with milk...get the milk powders and make your own milk,or shake and you can add some whey with the powder and make the ultimate nighttime formula

young guns said:
Remy, the problem with milk is that you've gotta drink several cups to get a good amount of protein, and then you're taking in all that lactose.

Proteinfactory has a milk isolate powder. It's supposed to be 80% casinen and 20%. I just don't know which type of casinen. The milk powder is more expensive than an 80-20 mix of calcim casinate and whey, but less expensive by far then casinate and whey.

I'm thinking of maybe just a mix of 50% whey concentrate and 50% calcium casinate.

i found this about milk protein:

"Caseins are found in milk in the form of a Micelle (a dense protein granule)"

so i guess it's safe to say that you can get plenty of micellar casein from milk protein isolate. glad i found this before i payed for the straight micellar, and i would rather be gettin the micellar than the casienate.

here's the website i found this at:

http://classes.aces.uiuc.edu/AnSci308/proteinsynthesis.html

it talks about all the protein fractions found in milk.

sguthrie: if you get a mix of whey concentrate and milk protein that equals out to about 50 whey, 50 casein, it won't be much more than the 50 whey, 50 caseinate price wise, and milk protein is supposed to taste better. i didn't figure it out, but if my brain is workin right i'm guessing about a 60% milk, 40% whey mix.

Thanks for the info, Young Guns. That will definately make a difference. I need to put in an order anyway, so I'll plug the numbers and go with a whey / milk combo.

Top Bottom