Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When to take creatine? Help!

amp909

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to get a straight answer. I just started taking creatine last week, and I have been taking 5 grams about 2 hours before my workout, and 5 grams with my post-workout protein shake. First off, am I taking too much? Secondly, if I were to cut back to 5 grams a day, which is a better time to take it?

Thanks for your help.

AMP

I've also been having diarrhea about 45 minutes to an hour after I take the creatine (with grape juice). It doesn't bother me that much, except that it's a little uncomfortable and inconvenient. Is this normal, or what? Thanks for your help.

in the morning i wix my creatine with warm water. and after i workout i just throw it in my whey/dextrose shake.

Liftbig said:
in the morning i wix my creatine with warm water. and after i workout i just throw it in my whey/dextrose shake.

if you don't mind me asking, what is the theory behind mixing it with warm water and not cold water?

i just think it holds better in the warm water vs. the cold water. of course you still have to drink it quickly becuase the creatine doesnt want to mix well, but i find warm water is easier to use.

really? maybe i'll try it out
when you say it holds better, do you mean it sits better like its easier on your stomach? or you get better results from warm?

Basic chem. Warmer the liquid, the greater the ability to hold a solute (the creatine). Otherwise know as "solubility". Try it out. Mix some creatine in cold water, and then mix some creatine into water nuked in the microwave for about a minute or so. The creatine will dissolve faster and more thouroghly in the warm water.:fro:

Top Bottom