Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When jogging, does a cold enviroment enhance fat loss?

diamonddiceclay said:
cold will hurt fat loss because in cold temps, the body stores fat

I'm pretty sure diamond is right....thats why high school wrestlers run around in hot trash bags to lose those extra few lbs to make weigh in.

"thats why high school wrestlers run around in hot trash bags to lose those extra few lbs to make weigh in."

Nope, they do that because their coach tells them to so they can lose some fluid to make weight.

Exercising in the cold will not hinder fatloss, though you should take heed if you suffer from asthma or exercise induced asthma. This is particularly important if you live in a climate where winter air pollution is common.

In large cities, in summer, hot environment = pollution, ozon (the "bad one") and lack of air
==> you can't do cardio

Whereas in winter there is usually no pollution, you can breathe w/o problem
==> you can train, do much cardio (your body temperature stay cool) which will help you lose some weight

If its true that the temp does not make a difference then why do people take thermogenic fat burners that raise one's body temp.

I didn't see some of the stuff in your original post. Uugghh....-15 to -20 degrees. Shit that might not be good for ya...definitely cover your mouth. Your lungs won't freeze, but taxing your lungs significantly-like wind sprints-could induce bronchial spasms.

Is this true? ... cause I run all the time in -20 temps. I find it hard to image that cold weather can damage lungs over time (At least I hope its not true):(

a0169969 said:
If its true that the temp does not make a difference then why do people take thermogenic fat burners that raise one's body temp.

The heat caused from EC is a side effect of your metabolism being raised.

Think of it this way.

You body wants to remain at say 96 degrees temp.

You start to jog in hot weather and it raises to 100 degrees your body attempts to cool it off through sweating ect.. back down to its base 96 degrees.

In the winter the same thing still happens, you body is going to raise above its natural set point and your body will attempt to cool itself, only this time it has a more effective cooling system being that the surrounding air is much cooler.

You body does not dip so low below your heat rate needed for survival that on top of the excess heat created from cardio your body still needs to raise its tempeture to get back to normal heat. We arn't talking about spending the night naked out in the cold.

Top Bottom