Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's your AB regimen?

Underwraps

How many sit ups? What kind? Use machines? How many reps/minutes? I'm thinking I'm lazy and whimpy and not doing enough and want to be inspired!

not done an ab workout in a while but I usually did 2-3 sets weighted situps highest decline for 6-12 reps each set, holding a dumbell behind the head is best.

After I usually went to hanging leg raises (sometimes started with this) and just did 3 sets of whatever reps I could manage before my form got worse

If I had time finished with 2-3 sets of the ab wheel. Sometimes I would do weighted side bends too for 3 sets 15-20 on each side.

started a new program lately and the only ab work I do now is 5 sets hangin leg raises after my deadlifts.

6 progressively heavier sets on cable crunch, hanging crunch (not leg raise, but a crunch hanging from pullup bar), put the decline bench as close to vertical as possible and do slow crunches

LUCKY BASTARD WHO EATS MCDONALDS AND STAYS RIPPED. Haha, im just messing wit ya.

Here's my routine, i do it mon, wed, fri.

4 sets of hanging leg raises with the arm straps on the pull up bar, the thing here is to control the movement on the way up and on the way down so you dont swing. Nothing beats this exercise, the roman chair leg raises wont even come close to this either cuz i see so many people using that and you can tell that they will swing if they didnt have the back support. 15-20 reps

4 sets of oblique cable crunch. put a handle on the high cable, pull your elbow to your hip using your obliques and then squeezing for a second, this shit brings out those "gills"like crazy. 25 reps

4 sets kneeling cable crunches bringing elbows to knees, controling form with abs not yor arms and shoulders. 25 reps

4 sets of broomstick twist. i use a 20 pound weighted bar behind my neck, sit on the low cable row, twist to one side, hold for a second, back to the middle, STOP, then to the right side, hold, back to the middle, STOP, thats one rep. 25 reps each side.

Start out by doing twice a week until your abs become strong enough, and start with 3 sets instead of 4. concentrate on form and controling with your abs. le raises, you wanna curl your spine, and same with all crunches, even on decline crunches, i dont use a plate anymore, just curl your body when you come up like a roll of newspaper, squeeze for 1 second, then back down. yo only need a slight decline. doing very vertical decline crunches is just core training unless you "curl" in when you do the crunch.

LUCKY BASTARD WHO EATS MCDONALDS AND STAYS RIPPED. Haha, im just messing wit ya.

Here's my routine, i do it mon, wed, fri.

4 sets of hanging leg raises with the arm straps on the pull up bar, the thing here is to control the movement on the way up and on the way down so you dont swing. Nothing beats this exercise, the roman chair leg raises wont even come close to this either cuz i see so many people using that and you can tell that they will swing if they didnt have the back support. 15-20 reps

4 sets of oblique cable crunch. put a handle on the high cable, pull your elbow to your hip using your obliques and then squeezing for a second, this shit brings out those "gills"like crazy. 25 reps

4 sets kneeling cable crunches bringing elbows to knees, controling form with abs not yor arms and shoulders. 25 reps

4 sets of broomstick twist. i use a 20 pound weighted bar behind my neck, sit on the low cable row, twist to one side, hold for a second, back to the middle, STOP, then to the right side, hold, back to the middle, STOP, thats one rep. 25 reps each side.

Start out by doing twice a week until your abs become strong enough, and start with 3 sets instead of 4. concentrate on form and controling with your abs. le raises, you wanna curl your spine, and same with all crunches, even on decline crunches, i dont use a plate anymore, just curl your body when you come up like a roll of newspaper, squeeze for 1 second, then back down. yo only need a slight decline. doing very vertical decline crunches is just core training unless you "curl" in when you do the crunch.

Damn! Thanks everyone. I def need to do more reps and more challenging configurations.

^^^ Not neccesarily, you can keep it simple, focuse on correct form and keeping all your muscles switched on, keep your diet tight thats the most important thing!! not exotic exercises lol

^^^ Not neccesarily, you can keep it simple, focuse on correct form and keeping all your muscles switched on, keep your diet tight thats the most important thing!! not exotic exercises lol

exotic exercises. lol! But I love those! I love Zumba. I want to be in instructor too. The diet part is my weakness. I eat healthy, but snack a lot. Daily I'm probably 100 cal or so over, keeping my soft sheath, just that, soft.

Top Bottom