Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats wrong with my shoulders????

Three00ZeeX

my anterior delts have been hurting while lifting for about a week and a half.
while doing chest on monday and triceps today, the front of my shoulders have been really bothering me. i know the anterior deltoid is a synergist for chest and tricep exercises but i felt it a little TOO much in my shoulder. it was more bothersome especially today while i was doing CG bench and i had to stop early because my shoulders were burning.

whats going on? i really try to keep proper form in all my exercises and im not trying to lift more than i can.

btw i do chest/bis on monday, back/tris on wednesday, and shoulders/legs on friday.

thanks for any help.

I never used to feel like my shoulders got enough recovery time when I had similar splits. A couple of years ago I switched it around so I lift my chest and front delts together and my back and side/rear delts together. That way they really get hit hard and then have a full week of recovery time. This has really helped me develop my shoulders.

chest/front delts
back/side + rear delts
off
legs
arms
off
off

With the split you have, your front delts are always getting abused and not rested. My guess is that they are just sore as hell from over using them. good luck. wick

yep, sounds like overuse to me as well...I was doing chest/back/leg/shoulders/bis n tris 5 day a week split and that killedm y shoulders...consistent right ant. delt pain for several weeks...started icing and dropped by shoulder day all together and moved some of those days around and its feeling ltos better...rest and ice bro

Today I will be doing shoulders. Like to space chest and shoulders apart by atleast 3-4 days.

thanks for the replies... i guess it is overuse. i forgot to mention that i started this routine a few weeks ago. before i did

mon: chest/tris
wed: back/bis
fri: shoulders/legs

and i didnt have this pain. however since i changed the split to how it currently is, ive been able to work my tris and bis alot harder with more weight.

u guys think i should just go back to my old split?

id rather lift less weight for bis n tris than mess up my shoulders worse.

also TZAN, if i did your split, would it be

chest + military press, dumbell shoulder press, and front raises
and
back + upright row, side raises, and rear lat raises

???

Three00ZeeX said:
thanks for the replies... i guess it is overuse. i forgot to mention that i started this routine a few weeks ago. before i did

mon: chest/tris
wed: back/bis
fri: shoulders/legs

and i didnt have this pain. however since i changed the split to how it currently is, ive been able to work my tris and bis alot harder with more weight.

u guys think i should just go back to my old split?

id rather lift less weight for bis n tris than mess up my shoulders worse.

your split looks fine. Your options are limited with only training 3 days a week. This routine should help your shoulders.

your split looks fine. Your options are limited with only training 3 days a week. This routine should help your shoulders.

youre talking about the chest/tri... back/bis... shoulders/legs routine right? so go back to that split?

Top Bottom