Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's the deal in training for under 45 mins?

blood_drinker

A buddy of mine (damn big) at the gym, told me that was bullshit, from his own experience. He told me he trains 1h30 with no problem, and he is really intense.

is 45 mins just a fallacy for fat people (body for life excuse to save time)."?

I know that after 60 mins a catabolic hormone is released....but this guy trains for 1h 30. Maybe he is just more advanced and needs many more sets/?

I understand I'm gonna get answers like "if you go to MAXIMUM FAILURE AND INTENSITY there is no need to go 45 mins+ as you will be charred".

All fine and dandy. But theoretically, answer this question. Not from what you should be, but just "is it ok"?

I'm not going to do it. I don't have time , and usually I'm charred in under 60 mins. But I would like to know if BFL and that shit is bullshit (the theory) as it seems this catabolic hormone isn't all that catabolic considering you get a postworkout meal consisting of the right macronutrient ratios...l;.:rolleyes:

Have you ever thought about a carb drink like gatorade or something like that during your work out.

Dont know how that would go. im sure a few people would disagree.......but a few months ago i tried it.........felt like i could work my self into the ground for a couple hours. doesnt sugar somewhat prevent the catabolic effect?

have you ever thought of anabolic steroids.......that would be best for working out forever

Actually it al depends on your Base metabolic rate. I'm hypothyroid myself so if I'm off an eca/thyroid enhancer product I could workout for 2 hours without feeling fried. Plus I know my catabolic state won't hit until about the one hour + 15 or so mark.

On the ECA / Guggal I'm using right now to cut with I'm hitting it in an hour easy.

IF you're strapped for time I think you can get a smokin workout in 45 min. If you take some seriously short rest periods (30s) with moderate to heavy weight (8-10 reps) you can be fried real quick and walk away feelin like you just had a great workout. I did this for about a month and it was some of the best workouts I had. I've never felt more exhausted and pumped. The theory behind it is a better GH release. I loved it.

As for going 1hour30min. I think there's room for that too. If you're going real heavy and takin longer breaks. Try periodizing both in your routine.

My workouts presently take about 1h15 and I do about 20 sets. When I get 20 sets in in 45 min. I often feel that I've had a great workout but for me that's more productive for fat loss. For building quality muscle, I prefer to take longer between sets but go all out and heavy on each set.

How many sets do you typically do in a workout BigAndy? 26 is a lot if they're all heavy at all out intensity.

Top Bottom