Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's something that will numb my knees while running??

TC2

I get knee pain from having no arches on my feet.

Is there anything that I could rub on my knees to numb them enough to run pain free??

Your shoe probably doesn't support the cycle of your gait, so go to a local running store and ask them to preform gait analysis.

Yeah I have some new balance that support well but my knees still ache from years of standing up at my old job.

This is a cardio board question.

Few things:

1) Start your day with 800 mg motrin. I ride 2400 (800x3) each day.
2) Odds are it's your shoes. Find a running store that does 'gate analysis' or 'stride analysis.' Maybe get one or two opinions.
3) Ice it aftewards. CVS and probably others sell these really convienient ice/heat packs that you slip into this fabric sleeve with velcro to hold in place on your body.

Bro, dont do anything to numb your knees, if there is pain they are telling you something. and I wouldnt get hooked on any kinda of pain killer/anit-E either, but ice is a good idea

what is the reason you have to run?? if there is no reason, then pick a more low-impact cardio exercise like bike, stair master, etc. better treat your knees good, your going to need them for awhile

just my .02 though, I am not a doc or anything

TRUEsoldier said:
Bro, dont do anything to numb your knees, if there is pain they are telling you something. and I wouldnt get hooked on any kinda of pain killer/anit-E either, but ice is a good idea

what is the reason you have to run?? if there is no reason, then pick a more low-impact cardio exercise like bike, stair master, etc. better treat your knees good, your going to need them for awhile

I agree. Like myself, Truesoldier probably has watched other soldiers tear thier bodies up by running too much, because that is what we do in the Army.

If you aren't required to run, there are many cool alternatives, like swimming or biking.

Pres George Bush was an avid runner but recently took up Mountain Biking because his doctor told him his knees were shot.

TRUEsoldier said:

I wasn't going to mess with any pain killer for that , I meant someting I could rub into my knees like a topical deep heat/pain relief cream.

I want to get back into boxing and roadwork(atleast 3 miles a day) is a nessesity.

TC2 said:
I wasn't going to mess with any pain killer for that , I meant someting I could rub into my knees like a topical deep heat/pain relief cream.

I want to get back into boxing and roadwork(atleast 3 miles a day) is a nessesity.

Is running the only thing that is bothering you?
what do you mean roadwork???

Top Bottom