Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What would you choose, cure for CANCER or AIDS?

What would you choose, cure for CANCER or AIDS

• CANCER

Votes: 35 83.3%
  • AIDS

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
p0ink said:
cancer.

aids is due to a person's own behavior.

You are so simple sometimes.

AIDS before 1990 came mainly from blood tranfusions for hemopheliacs.

What would you chose? Life or death?

I am afraid that we havent the ability/pwoer to make those kind of choices, thus your question has no answer, not to mention that is a weird one...

Cancer because more people die from cancer than from AIDS. Both diseases might be attributable in large part to lifestyle; but also have their "innocent" victims as well. Cet. par., this question is kinda like "If you had your choice of receiving fifty thousand dollars or a million dollars, which would you prefer?" On the other hand, if you and/or your loved ones had AIDS, you might not be so altruistic to chose a cure for cancer.

supernav said:
what kind of question is this? Of course cancer. You were expecting a close race??

-= nav =-

Don't question the question. It's supposed to be thought provoking.

ajtomasi said:
If there could be only one cure PERIOD for either cancer or aids, which would you prefer there be?

and please state why you would pick one, and also state why the other is not as important.

Do we have a choice? And dont tell me that your post was a thought provoking ..

It wasnt even close, thus no answer has been delievered!

Umm, cancer. Is this even a real question?

I don't see anyone answering for aids unless they have a personal issue for it, but looking at it objectively ... cancer would be it.

-sk

There are babies born with aids, blood transfusion victims etc, BUT even knowing that, I would pick cancer.

When I go to the cancer clinic at Shands with my fiancee' and see all the young kids who got leukemia because of a mutated gene, or some other type of cancer, and they are given such little hope, I can't help but hope that a cure is found.

When my fiancee' was told she had cancer, she was only 15. When she asked the doctors if she would live or die, they told her they couldn't say. She was given only one day to choose her form of treatment, or she would die. She choose the most aggressive form, and even then it did next to nothing for her. She waited for a bone marrow donor, she was so close to death, that she was about to choose a mistmatched donor. By some weird chance of fate, miracle, God or whatever you choose to believe in, the doctors checked the night before they were to do her mistmatched transplant, and found an EXACT match.

Even with this gift from that exact match, it still has not cured her. She has relapsed twice. I have to see her get a bone marrow biopsy every month. They stick a fucking needle with the thickness of a mans thumb, and the length of a pen into her back. I watch her kick and scream, crying in fear and pain. Then the hoping the test doesn't show anything.

Out of the 33 people she went into treatment with, only her and one other are still alive. Thats is all, and that is how it is. I wish for nothing more that a cure is found, that this madness will end. That a young girl no longer have to walk around bald, that a young man will have his first kiss, or that some child will not lose his mother.

I look at hiv now, and they have made incredible advances. The drugs they now have, you can live a long time, and the quality of life is good now. It's no longer a death sentance. Getting it from a blood transfusion is highly unlikely now. It's quickly becoming a matter of being more careful with your choices. Sadly many had no say in getting this. That breaks my heart as well.

For now I hope they come up with a cure for both. Until then I go back, watch her in pain, hope the tests are fine, and know that the only hope they give her is gleevec. A pill thats makes her so sick, and leaves her bedridden, that she chooses no longer to take it, facing the fact that she would rather die, that live life like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom