Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What workout is better Westside's or Coan's?

Parabellum

What workout is better Westside's or Coan's from Muscle&Fitness? Which one would you choose as your base and why?

Westside

Monday: Max Effort Squat
Wednesday: Max Effort Bench
Friday: Dynamic Effort Squat
Sunday: Dynamic Effort Bench

This is the basic format or template used by Westside Barbell Club. A summary is provided below:

Monday: Max Effort Squat Day
Format:
One Max Effort Exercise: Good Mornings 70%, Low Box Squatting 20%, Deadlifting 10%: Increase weight in small increments for sets of three. When three reps become difficult, drop to singles until a one-rep max is reached.

Supplemental Exercise: Hamstrings: Glute Ham Raises, Stiff Leg Deadlifts, Romanian Deadlifts: Sets and reps are up to the lifter.

Accessory Exercise: Reverse Hypers: Sets and reps up to the lifter

Accessory Exercise: Abs

Wednesday: Max Effort Bench Day
Format:
One Max Effort Exercise: Floor, Board, Close Grip, Incline Presses: Increase weight in small increments for sets of three. When three reps become difficult, drop to singles until a one-rep max is reached.

Supplemental Exercise: Triceps: Lying extensions and presses: Sets and reps are up to the lifter.

Accessory Exercise: Lats: any type of rows.

Accessory Exercise: Shoulders and extra triceps.

Friday: Dynamic Effort Squat Day
Format:
Box Squats: 8 sets of 2 reps using the Dynamic Effort Method

Supplemental Exercise: Hamstrings: Glute Ham Raises, Stiff Leg Deadlifts, Romanian Deadlifts: Sets and reps are up to the lifter.

Accessory Exercise: Reverse Hypers: Sets and reps up to the lifter

Accessory Exercise: Abs

Sunday: Dynamic Effort Bench Day
Format:
Bench Press: 8 sets of 3 reps using the Dynamic Effort Method.

Supplemental Exercise: Triceps: lying extensions or presses: Sets and reps are up to the lifter.

Accessory Exercise: Lats: any type of rows.

Accessory Exercise: Shoulders and extra triceps.

The Conjugated Periodization method, utilizing the maximal effort, and dynamic effort methods have propelled Westside Barbell Club into strength greatness. The special exercises used by Westside have also had a great impact on the progress and success of its lifters. By applying these methods to your training program, you will see dramatic differences in maximal strength levels. I should know because I have been a member for the last 10 years and have seen my lifts go from a 750 squat to a 935, a 500 bench to a 585, and a 680 deadlift to a 740

Or Ed Coan's workout from Muscle and Fitness?

Day 1
squat 7-10 sets 2-8 reps
single leg press 2 sets 10-12 reps
single leg curl 2 sets 10-12 reps
Leg Extentions 2 sets 10-12 reps
Seated calf raise 3 sets 10-12 reps
Crunch 3 sets 20 reps

day 2 REST

day 3
Bench Press 7-10 sets 2-8 reps
Close-Groip Bench 2 sets 10-12 reps
Incline Bench Press 2 sets 10-12 reps
Overhead Tri extentions 2 sets 10-12 reps or lying french press
side bends, russian twist or weighted crunch 3 sets 20 reps

day 4
Conventional Deadlift 7-10 reps 2-8 reps
Stiff-legged deadlists 2 sets 8-10 reps
Bent over barbell row 2 sets 8-10 reps
T-bar rows 2 sets 8-10 reps
Med-Wide grip pull-ups r pulldowns 2 sets 8-10 reps
Seated calves 2 sets 20 reps
crunch 3 sets 20 reps

Day 5
behind the neck press 5 sets 2-8 reps
Front Dumbell press 3 sets 8-10 reps
Lateral raises 3 sets 8-10 reps
Press down 3 sets 8-10 reps
Weighed dips 2 sets 15 reps
Standing barbell curl 2 sets 20 reps
side bends, russian twist or weighted crunch 3 sets 20 reps

What workout is better Westside's or Coan's? Which one would you choose as your base and why?

Neither, but if they were the only two choices for me to make i would take the second one and throw in some extra rest days, or cycle the workout over 2 to 3 weeks with greater rest days to prevent overtraining.

i think you are asking this on the wrong board.no one on this board is going to like either unless their main goal is strength.not that these won't put some mass,but as far as bodybuilding,these won't do the trick.i do westside but have done ed's workouts,also.westside is geared around you addressing your weaknesses in each lift and making them stronger.ask this on the powerlifting board bro.....you will get a better response.........PEACE

Like the other two guys said, neither is a good bodybuilding workout so I wouldn't choose either. However, if I was a powerlifter, I would choose Eddie's workout since he's the best powerlifter going, therefore his workouts must be the best. You don't set world records by accident.

Top Bottom