Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What the crap is this PMDD thing?

thefantom1 said:
I am guaranteed a knock down drag out fight with my woman once a month... an guess what? It's always a few days before her period.. PMS,PMDD... I don't care what they call it... give them something for it...

:)
:lmao:

Poor fella. Hang in there.

Wiminz are the primary consumers in our society, health care and otherwise. It's no surprise that companies market to women.

If you look at the money spent funding wiminz health programs and menz it's so disparate that it's laughable.

javaguru said:
Wiminz are the primary consumers in our society, health care and otherwise. It's no surprise that companies market to women.

If you look at the money spent funding wiminz health programs and menz it's so disparate that it's laughable.

Dude, ED meds alone gotta make up a sizable portion of market.

Of course, the big money is targeting women and men... and children, and elders, lol.

:cow:

samoth said:
Dude, ED meds alone gotta make up a sizable portion of market.

Of course, the big money is targeting women and men... and children, and elders, lol.

I was talking about total funds spent on women Vs. men. I imagine birth control alone would dwarf all male specific drug sales....

Ya know, 2/3 of US women had been on Prozac in 1998..... :worried:

javaguru said:
I was talking about total funds spent on women Vs. men. I imagine birth control alone would dwarf all male specific drug sales....

Ya know, 2/3 of US women had been on Prozac in 1998..... :worried:

Carazy azz bishes... :chomp:

Cal_21 said:
Carazy azz bishes... :chomp:
I was with my ex-wife for over five years, her Prozac was roughly $70.00 a month before she got good healthcare, about four of those years.

Amount of money spent by javaguru on prescription drugs in those four years: $0.00
Amount spent by Shelagh on Prozac:$3,360.00

javaguru said:
birth control alone would dwarf all male specific drug sales....

Ah. Good point.

Obviously, we need to patent some forms of male birth control and get in on this financial monster!

javaguru said:

I didn't realize I was getting on a soapbox until after this was all typed, sorry.

See, the true irony is that if you look at medical studies, the vast majority of the participants historically have been MEN. And the "old boy's network" of male dominance in medicine is still the norm. Dismissing women, attributing a 21st century "case of the vapors" to women's problems happens every day (I have had doctors posit that a women's physical problems were psychologially based, but I have honestly never had them say that about a man).

If you see male to female health programs as being disparate, you have to realize that for centuries, it was the other way around. The true disparity in medicine is not that men are undertreated, it's that the difference between male and female bodies (particulary understanding of powerful effects of hormones on female physiology) has been until VERY recently, utterly dismissed in medicine -- and in some cases by some doctors, still is. It was assumed that the only real difference between men and women were reproductive organs, and I'm talking the 1960s, not the 1800s, here.

Interesting book if you ever get a chance to read it, "Confessions of a Medical Heretic" by Robert Mendelson, MD.

Anyway, the biggest market of prescription drugs (we won't touch OTCs) is chewed up, not by BC pills (stop and think, even if every woman of reproductive age in the country is taking them, she can only take ONE a day) but, IMO, antidepressants and blood pressure meds (there's a LOT more baby boomers than there are breedable females), followed closely by proton pump inhibitors/stomach meds (I was actually trying to find market share of medication by drug category but I got bored).

I will tell you that the majority of the patients I type about, and I'm neurology/neurosurgery, are women. I'm going to hazard that the percentage is at least 2/3 female, and it could be heading into the 3/4 region, that's a significant difference. Women get more "chronic conditions" that men don't (or that men get less frequently) and women get more autoimmune disorders.

Getting back to antidepressants, I am of the opinion that many, many emotional problems are caused by hormonal imbalances (this is not just true for women -- before my husband went on HRT his family doctor was going to prescribe antidepressants, I put my foot down and made him get his hormones tested, turns out, he wasn't depressed, he was low on Test. -- but because women's bodies operate on a more delicately balanced hormonal cycle -- as opposed to men, who are essentially steady state -- they show it first, and their body's balance is more easily upset). Most of the time the doctor throws one to several antidepressants/sleep aids/tranquilizers at the patient, first. Occasionally, she has the sense to push for further testing. Conventional medicine generally treats hormonal imbalances that they recognize with artificial hormones (you cannot patent bio-identical hormones, which makes them unprofitable to big pharma). These artificial hormones now throw something that's already out of whack into an even further imbalanced state.

BTW, if you're curious, hormonal imbalances are generally started or enhanced by the environment (petrochemicals are HUGE xenohormonal mimics), stress, diet, and artificial hormones in the form of BCP. Any one of those factors alone can create a screwed up situation. Combined together, is it any wonder how many women are suffering from PMDD (what a load of fucking horseshit ...)

Anyway, it's a fucking snake eating its tail.

Modern medicine is fine for trauma, but they're goddamned clueless and hamhanded when it comes to delicate shit. They don't get the concept of a holistic system, they look at the body as separate parts, not a whole organism that operates more like a symphony. And I don't believe they truly understand the importance of hormones and the balance required for humans to function properly, not just physically but mentally, and they let big pharma dictate way too damn much to them.

Shit, sorry this ran too long ...

samoth said:
Ah. Good point.

Obviously, we need to patent some forms of male birth control and get in on this financial monster!

The reason they will never patent male birth control is because the pharmaceutical industry would be cutting it's own throat. They'd lose the markets of female BC and all those broads sucking down antidepressants and drugs for PMS and PMDD and drugs to enhance their libido and every other fucking drug because BCPs fuck women up.

Top Bottom