Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What sucks about tuna

Typhoid

Ok... so I thought I was in the clear with canned tuna because from what I have read on the issue, the fish used were killed too young to accumulate enough mercury to be dangerous.

So I have been eating 2-4 cans a day for roughly a year simply out of convenience and because I'm grotesquely cheap. But I just got my bloodwork results back and my mercury levels are around 45 where it should be around 5. I don't eat a lot of fresh fish, so tuna has to be the culprit. Just something to think about. It wasn't what I was expecting to hear...

:bawling:

That’s shit, I eat at least a can a day, sometimes more! You are right, its mostly the convenience of it. Looks like nothing is safe to eat these days!

So is that considered mercury poisoning? I eat a butt load of tuna , too. At least 3 cans a day. There really is nothing safe to eat unless you raise it yourself.

Not sure. Going back to the doc to see if I should be worried. Also gonna do some checking on canned salmon. Not nearly as cheap, but sometimes convenience is worth it.

Called her: she says that it's obviously poisoning, but fortunately the symptoms have been minimal (fatigue, mental fuzziness etc). At higher levels you get nerve damage, tremors, tunnel vision and hearing loss - fun stuff. Dropping the fish totally for a while should lower levels. Then I'm sticking to my once-a-month sushi, since most of THAT isn't safe either. Don't know wtf Im gonna do with the gross of tuna cans at home...

here kitty kitty....
:theranger:

Damn, sorry to hear that. I know that with me, I can usually go with 1 can a day for a couple months before I hit the tuna burnout... I have no idea how you managed 2-4 cans for a YEAR.

Top Bottom