Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the best way to measure body fat?

ksharp01

I have looked through the site and don't see it, so I hope this isn't a repost. Do most gyms do it or most dr's?

ksharp01 said:
I have looked through the site and don't see it, so I hope this isn't a repost. Do most gyms do it or most dr's?

i think our gym has the ability to test body fat. If not, I don't know where you'd find the caliper to do it. I seriously doubt that you'll find one here in town. You may have to order it online. There are 7 spots that need to be measured for accuracy. You have to get the right caliper.

feisty11975 said:
i think our gym has the ability to test body fat. If not, I don't know where you'd find the caliper to do it. I seriously doubt that you'll find one here in town. You may have to order it online. There are 7 spots that need to be measured for accuracy. You have to get the right caliper.

Remind me to ask tonight...if they do we should just go ahead and do it. I have all my other measurements wrote down and I think that if I do that I would have something to better accuratly judge by.
So no more scale...I haven't been able to bring myself to just throw it away yet. :(

Experienced technician using a 5 or 7 site caliper test

ksharp01 said:
Is that usually done from someone at a gym though or Dr???....I am so clueless on this.
Yes, check with your gym, you do NOT want a BF SCALE, you want them to have calipers so they can measure your skinfolds (i.e pinch your skin in certain places they should be familiar with)

Or post a pic and Shadow may just eyeball for you :)

uhhhhh this reminds me I'm getting my bf% done tomorrow, I don't think I want to know how fat I am! lol

"Best" = bod pod = dunk tank = hydrostatic measure. That requires a facility.

5+ pt skin fold caliper measure is good.

If you can't find someone who knows how to do it, you can get your own calipers and a listing of all the pinch points, have someone do the measures for you as best they can - do all pinch points 3 x and then take the avg of each of the 3 measures. Sometimes if you can't get an accurate "absolute" measure, then at least if the person is consistent w/ the method & pinch points, you can get a relative change over time that will at least tell you where you are gaining / losing.

*Bunny* said:
Yes, check with your gym, you do NOT want a BF SCALE, you want them to have calipers so they can measure your skinfolds (i.e pinch your skin in certain places they should be familiar with)

Or post a pic and Shadow may just eyeball for you :)

damn, shadows that good??? :worried:

Top Bottom