Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is meant by "Going Heavy..." Training wise...

blkVoodoo

What do you all consider as heavy lifting... Like 3 sets of 5 or 6 reps failure on each set... or 5 sets of 3...ARGH!
confused.

Please help. This is by no means a bragging type thread, so please don't tell me about how much weight to put up 3 times or so... for so many sets.

Im just trying to figure out what is most effective when training heavy.

Thanks for any input :)

Well, I believe I train heavy. I think heavy is progressively getting heavier with each set. After my warmup set I do an amount of weight that I might get 10 to 12 reps out of. Then I move to heavier weight that I might only get 8 to10 then again 6 to 8 then finally 4 to 6. All to failure of course.

When I go heavy the most reps would be 8, and then to a single max lift. like, for bench, I would do a set of 8, 5, 3, 1. On a more moderate day I would do sets of 8 or 10.

Hmmm.... Sounds reasonable. I like to go 8, then 6,4,4,2... but I keep reading so many different ways to train.

Jeez... everyone is different. Maybe that is the only thing that is absolute.

Would like everyones opinion Please.

Thanks.

I do a reverse pyramid. I start heavy usually 5 reps for one set then I drop the weight back and do 2 sets of 8 on the big 3 powerlifts. When I'm preparing for a meet, I'll start with sets of 3 then drop to sets of 5.

Top Bottom