Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is best for explosive power?

stonecold54 said:

Scenario 1. deadlifting 250 pounds for 1 minute and 30 seconds of TUT-time under tension. the movement is began delibrately with no jerking twitching heaving. the movement has a 4/1/4 cadence.

scenario 2. power clean with 250 pounds. the weight is jerked off the floor. no muscle is actually achieving a quality contraction. I think we can agree. then the weight, using momentum, body leverage and every other technique BESIDES ACTUAL MUSCULAR TENSION, is flung upwards.

now tell me what movement will achieve more strength. and besides that which movement will not hurt the athlete. what point is there at explosive lifting when you are guaranting yourself an injury.

Actually, both of those would be good to do together. The high rep deadlifting will strengthen slow twitch fibers, and the low rep cleaning will strengthen fast twitch fibers. I'm in favor of hitting the muscles in as many different ways as possible. High reps, low reps, speed work (dynamic work), strongman work, plyos, and GPP.

The thing about deadlifting for 90 seconds is that it isn't going to teach your body how to deliver maximal force. But it would be good for hypertrophy, which is valuable.

Have you ever cleaned 250? I've done over 3 plates and felt it very much in my abs, low back, calves, and traps. I disagree that oly lifting won't work your muscles, if that's your argument. But oly lifting is all concentric, there's no eccentric. So that's why it won't make you very sore, and isn't very good for hypertrophy.

Last edited:
stonecold54 said:
have you ever taken a course in logic? I will gladely tell you that I dropped out of school. I am proud of that for all the bullshit they teach in school. Having a degree does not mean JACK SHIT.

not something to brag about or be proud of

slobberknocker said:

Actually, both of those would be good to do together. The high rep deadlifting will strengthen slow twitch fibers, and the low rep cleaning will strengthen fast twitch fibers. I'm in favor of hitting the muscles in as many different ways as possible. High reps, low reps, speed work, strongman work, plyos, and GPP.

The thing about deadlifting for 90 seconds is that it isn't going to teach your body how to deliver maximal force. But it would be good for hypertrophy, which is valuable.

Have you ever cleaned 250? I've done over 3 plates and felt it very much in my abs, low back, calves, and traps. I disagree that oly lifting won't work your muscles, if that's your argument. Oly lifting is all concentric, there's no eccentric. So that's why it won't make you very sore, and isn't very good for hypertrophy.
1. soreness is never an indication of ANYTHING. you can sprain your ankle and it will be sore.
2. the term fast-twitch and slow-twitch muscles does not refer to their actual speeds. it refers to their fatigue rates. they both contract very quickly and the difference is miniscule. fast-twitch fibers need brief, intense (not explosive) and infrequent work to grow. slow-twitch need extended, mid-intense, and more frequent movements for growth. obviously the individual would determine the exact amounts.

stonecold54 said:
have you ever taken a course in logic? I will gladely tell you that I dropped out of school. I am proud of that for all the bullshit they teach in school. Having a degree does not mean JACK SHIT. logical arguement does not come from a piece of paper. yes most coaches have all the "normal" credentials but who among them has taken a philosophy course and understands what knowledge actually is. I will just say that you are using Argumentum ad Verecundiam-which I am sure you know means, an argument to reverence and appeal to authority, it is a fallacy to the authority of others. in other words truth is not found in the facts but in what other people say. also you used appeal to laughter- this fallacy attempts to refute by turning ridicule against the other party such as snickers or names hoping to udermine the other person.

stop trying to be a smartass you are WRONG! And you are a dumbass for dropping out of school, was the homework too much for you? :FRlol:

DaddyX said:

not something to brag about or be proud of
why not? I would put my knowledge of more worldy topics against most of this board how many books have you read in your life? do you understand Philosophy is the most important subject in anyones life and yet most people couldn't argue their way out of a wet paper bag? school is a guide to learning. but what happens when the guide falls of the course do you just keep following it. wouldn't that be rather wrong and what if you don't need a guide should I waste my money to please people with a piece of paper.

dzuljas said:

stop trying to be a smartass you are WRONG! And you are a dumbass for dropping out of school, was the homework too much for you? :FRlol:
once again Appeal to laughter. you have much to learn. How does it feel to be so insecure?

stonecold54 said:
have you ever taken a course in logic? Having a degree does not mean JACK SHIT

this isnt a philosophy course BOY! And people in the real world want credentials, you need a degree to get certain jobs, thats just the way it is, plain and simple.......I think you have been smokin a little too much weed BOY!

stonecold54 said:
why not? I would put my knowledge of more wordly topics against most of this board how many books have you read in your life? do you understand Philosophy is the most important subject in anyones life and yet most people couldn't argue their way out of a wet paper bag? school is a guide to learning. but what happens when the guide falls of the course do you just keep following it. wouldn't that be rather wrong and what if you don't need a guide should I waste my money to please people with a piece of paper.

people go to school to get a good job. and most of the time it helps just a bit. of course there are some exceptions but it still is something i wouldnt brag about.

dzuljas said:

this isnt a philosophy course BOY! And people in the real world want credentials, you need a degree to get certain jobs, thats just the way it is, plain and simple.......I think you have been smokin a little too much weed BOY!
philosophy is everything. every science comes from it. the fact that you need a degree to get a job does not make it anymore worthwhile, besides monetarily. I don't use weed bro, just steroids. :D

stonecold54 said:
once again Appeal to laughter. you have much to learn. How does it feel to be so insecure?

I have much to learn?? WHO ARE YOU THE FUCKING ZEN MASTER?? You better hold on tight your your high school diploma BOY!

Top Bottom