Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What federations allow what type of shirts?

S

solidj55

I was wondering what federations allowed what type of bench press shirts. Locally in the meets here(none sanctioned lately) allow everything from raw benches to double radical denim shirts. I was wondering about federations like the USPF, IPF, etc. The reason Im asking is because Im considering entering in some of these different organizations. I am not ready for the double denims yet but I was considering buying another double ply poly. But if people like the USPF(which is doing the next meet Ill be in) dont allow double poly then I guess Ill have to buy a single poly. Like I said, the last meet I did I used a double poly but it was a local meet. Oh yea, if I did go back to a single poly how much strength would I lose? In my last meet I benched 350 in a double poly that was TOO big(about a 54 inch chest that I borrowed) but the size shirt I will be buying this time will be about a 41 inch chest. What Im asking is, even if I get a single ply poly that is actually as tight as it should be would it be as good as a double poly that is too big? Sorry for the long post. Im tired as hell lol and seem to be rambling.

The USPF does not allow dbl ply. For dbl ply gear you need to stick with APA, APF, WPO, and IPA meets.

Thanks 1-dawg, what federations just allow single poly? Just wondering. Im not sure what organization has the most meets closest to me is why I ask. Im trying to figure out which shirt to buy according to the most amounts of meet Ill be able to be in. I live in Virginia by the way. Ohio, West Virginia, North Carolina,South Carolina,Kentucky, all those places are the easiest for me to get to.

He's right, NASA holds many meets in that area. I am not the biggest fan of Rich Peters, but some guys really like him. There's also USAPL. One thing to remember, just because they allow dbl ply, deosn't mean you have to wear it. I actually squat better in single ply, so that's what I wear and I lift APA, APF and WPO. Remember, unless it's a money meet, you are lifting for pr's. When money gets thrown in, you have to swallow your pride and go for the win which may not neccessarily be a pr lift.

Thanks guys for all the info. I guess Ill go with the single ply poly for now and treat myself to a double ply around christmas time. That way I can use the double poly in the meets I may enter where they are allowed.

Top Bottom