Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what exercises not to do if got hyperlordosis

E

Elite_Fry

anyone know what exercises/workouts you should not do if you have hyperlordosis?
i heard squats would just make things worse, which sucks ass

bump... im really hoping someone might know
the last thing i want is to make it worse

My back condition isn't the same as yours.... but there exercises that are likely to cause injury, if any, would probably be the same.

I can't do squats at the moment.... although after my cutting phase is over, I'm gunna add them again with just the bar and no weight. Then VERY slowly I'll start to progress.

I don't do deadlifts either. These are bad if you have a bad back.... unfortunately, there goes two of the three most important exercises in bodybuilding.

I also avoid things like bent-over rows. I can't think of an exercise that causes more back injuries.... if you wanna do this, make sure you've got bench to do it on, and you can do prone rows. Watch out for other back exercises.... be very careful with one-arm dumbbell rows.... and you may want to rethink hyperextensions and stuff like that.

Aside from that I think everything would be okay. You'd wanna do overhead pressing movements seated, not standing.... and with everything, strict form. No rocking. Some people say it's okay to cheat by rocking back a little bit to squeeze out the last couple of reps.... well, not in our case.

Just don't try to rush things in terms of poundages, and if something doesn't feel right with your spine, stop the exercise and don't go back to it.

Top Bottom