Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What Do You Think About The Patients Rights Bill??

RIZZO

I have been watching this developing story for some time and I have to wonder why BUSH is so against the Mccain,Edwards,Kennedy plan which has a better appeals process for patients,the right to sue in state court over medically reviewable decisions,and they can sue for damages some of which are uncapped.The plan BUSH supports may as well have been written by "the HMO industry itself" according to senator KENNEDY .I do not know what it is but this so called president is trying to give all the companies back the power they had and limit we the people to be at their mercy.I read where DOCTORS are getting FINANCIAL INCENTIVES to limit the health care you and I can get! This all frightens me and I knew this stuff would start to happen once he got in office and the tax issue , oh my god what a sham unless you are a millionare or in GATES's bracket the estate tax? Hell who will get a few hundred back or so and who will get a LOT MORE? Please share opinions and discuss this with us all and no FLAMING we are having a discussion not a war!!RESPONSES PLEASE !!!

Rizzo: It's quite simple Bud.....It's payback time for all of the Bush campaign donors who helped him win a Supreme Court appointment to the Executive Office.

Bush's concerns aren't with the hard working families in this country. Instead, they lie with the big HMO companies out to price gouge every penny out of you..

This Kennedy Bill is all about Accountability....It's about holding Insurance Companies accountable for the way they treat the young, the hard-working, and the elderly.....

Of course, Republicans usually scream for Accountablity, but when big oil, big insurance, and big tobacco comes into play...their cry changes to......."PaybackTime...."

The Senate voted 59-36 for the bill. That says something considering that the democrats only hold a small margin over the GOP.

The fact that Bush is going farther to the right and that many Republicans are going further to the left suggests that what we have now in the White House is a very conservative order.

Look at McCain as an example. After his recent dealings with the GOP I think he realises that there is no room left for moderates in the Republican party.

RyanH said:
Rizzo: It's quite simple Bud.....It's payback time for all of the Bush campaign donors who helped him win a Supreme Court appointment to the Executive Office.

Absolutely the truth.

His moves are very similar to his fathers back in the day and the rich got richer and the poor got poorer, but he will NOT get relected nor his SCHEMING BROTHER! I was registered to vote in broward county but KNOWONE could find it in the system on the day of the election and I was not alone as I drove to 4 different places to try to vote and it is kind of STRANGE??? I do not trust either of them.BUSH IS COMING OVER HERE TO KOSOVO THIS MONTH I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED IT SHOULD BE GOOD THOUGH!

I will sum up what I think of the patients bill of rights. It is just more government interference into healthcare that will cause more problems than it will solve. This can be said for the majority of govenmnent programs. Medicade, social security, etc will all be bankrupt in the coming years, so the money you are putting in on every pay day is essentially being wasted.

Ryan and I have debated this in the past, but I will state this fact again: Healthcare is NOT a right, it's a privilege; just like a house, a job, and food on the table. Liberals believe that since a human being is BORN, they deserve these things...And if these "things" just popped out of thin air, I would, too. But they don't; they take work, and money. The more "power" we give to sue, to abuse, and to loot the 'big, bad' HMO's, drug companies, hospitals, etc., the more they will pass those costs onto you, the CONSUMER!!

Good point , but it is very hard to tell the b.s lawsuits from the legitimate ones at times and the b.s ones tie up our court systems for years.Who am I to say what is bs and what is legit though because what means nothing to me may in fact be a big deal to the next person? It is a bit confusing but to pay the doctors incentives for keeping costs down by limiting the treatments given to you and me is just wrong.

Rizzo,

This bill allows people to sue their EMPLOYERS regarding disputes. This will surely result in employers not offering health coverage....given that (for some reason I can't figure) they could be held liable.

This is an example of a bill written for lawyers and by lawyers - simply put, it increases thenumber of lawsuits that will be filed, thereby giving attorneys more work and more money.

RyanH is a democrat in law school. His opinion is very biased here. What some people don;t know is that many law firms contribute enormous sums of money (into the millions per year) to the Democratic party in order to prevent any tort reform from being legislated - in other words, lawyers pay Democrats to keep the courts backlogged.

Matt -

Congratulations, sir! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist posting your thougts here. But, you limited your post to three surprisingly brief paragraphs. Major kudos to you!

But, you've never explained who you blew to become a moderator.

Top Bottom