Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you guys eat after right after a workout?

I agree with Frackal, especially with the ease in which whey metabolizes.
Immediately after workout: 40g simple carbs, 5g l-glutamine
10 mins post workout: 40g simple carbs, 30g protein
30mins post workout: 20g simple carbs, 40g complex, 60g protein
90mins post workout: 20g simple, 20g complex, 40g protein

i bring a protein bar to the gym and eat it right after my last set. about an hour later i eat a full meal, lots of carbs. i also take about 10 grams of creatine as soon as i get home.

chicho1234 said:
Mustang18 how come you eat a full meal 1 hour after consuming all that protein???
Cause I am hungry as hell and I have had good results doing it so far so I figured why stop now...I got the idea when I read Flex Wheelers diet in a mag a while back

M18

I should research my diet a bit more, I usually eat as much as I can after a workout... I'm usually raging hungry. I don't know if I could sip on creatine or what not. I don't seem to have too much trouble though...

C

I drink a protein shake right after and about an hour later eat some sort of meat(chicken, fish, steak) and get my carbs from a potato or some green veggies. Don't eat simple carbs. Should I be?

grade A beef said:
I drink a protein shake right after and about an hour later eat some sort of meat(chicken, fish, steak) and get my carbs from a potato or some green veggies. Don't eat simple carbs. Should I be?

Simple carbs are great post workout as they help restore glycogen levels faster

M18

You want to eat simple carbs for a myriad of reasons, all of which I don't remember right now, but here are some:

- Simple carbs will be processed by the body much faster, thus reaching your 'starving' muscles and halting catabolism and sparking anabolism that much faster.

- Simple carbs + protein (and little to no fat) are going to spike your insulin levels, ask anyone here who's used injectable slin, it's one of if not the most anabolic single hormone in the body. Insulin levels are also higher post workout due to I guess the lack of circulating blood sugar.

I have stuck with a simple 70/30 ratio of 700/300 cals carbs/protein for over a year and a half now, and it never fails me. This does not make me fat either, check out my pics on the pics/members board, that was my BF after a bulking cycle, my first. I'm pretty proud that I was able to stay that lean after 10 weeks of test, deca and dbol. It's all in diet knowledge and correct manipulation.

The most important thing is what you eat WHOLE day, not just after training.

I usually take liquid Aminos and then 65% whey protein. Then regular meal (rice, chicken), then another 2-3 dinners.

Jan

Top Bottom