Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do BB and PL have in common?

Becoming

Meat Sandwich
Platinum
All this talk of uniting the PL and BB boards... maybe not a bad idea... they do have one thing in common....

I was talking with some buddies about why one PL lifts XXX why another lifts YYY....

It occured to me that the factors that dictate success apply to both BB and PL....

The people who are at the top are there because of perseverance and their constant quest to get better...

The #1and #2 things people forget about when they evaluate why they can or can't lift what someone else does, or why they are not as big as someone else are:
1-time under the bar; and
2-what you did with that time

Everyone brings up drugs, genetics, gear, resources, etc etc, but really it comes down to those two things... Everyone that is at the top of the game has spent YEARS under the bar... and done EVERYTHING it takes to get better, and learning everything they could, EVERY chance they have...

Arnold, Chuck V, EVERYONE.... sure they might have started out pretty good to begin with, but they were not content to stop there.... they took it farther than everyone else did... or would... or could

I have had dudes ask me how to get a bigger bench at the gym - my response? "throw another plate on the bar....and repeat....now go at it for 10-15 years...."

Either you have the will to make it happen and stick with it, or you don't. I would say 99% of the people out there fail because they don't try HARD enough, don't LEARN enough, and they don't struggle LONG enough.

In the iron game, there is NOTHING, not drugs, not gear, NOT ANYTHING that will ever take the place of persistance and the resolve to constantly struggle for improvement.

my 2c :D

Great post my man..I whole heartedly agree with what you are saying..Drugs aint the answer, yes they are part of the puzzle..Powerlfiting, Bodybuilding whatever, you need to improve upon yourself whether that means perfecting your technique, strength, diet, etc..

we need to break down the barriers between the two..one shouldnt look at a powerlifter and say hes got a gut i cant learn anything from him..For those that think PL is useless look at a few top pros Branch Warren and Johnnie Jackson victor martinez all have powerlifting backgrounds..no one's saying to pl you need to throw your diet out the window..

Top Bottom