Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What core exercises to break my girlfriend into free weights?

Sassy69 said:
The general consensus on cardio here is optimal time to do cardio for burning fat is in the morning on an empty stomach, and second best is after training.

Tell her she can't get "all muscley" because she doesn't have enough testosterone in her body to do that. Maybe ask what she considers "all muscley". When I was training for my first competition (NPC tested) my mom kept telling me "Don't get big" -- actually I felt like I shrank - I got tight not big. Unless she's doing some serious protein pounding (AND I DON"T MEAN THAT IN A SEXUAL WAY.. ANY GUYS LURKING ON THE LADIES' BOARD!!!!),
and lifting like a mofo, she won't be bulking.

Well, I doubt she'll do the cardio in the morning, but I'll pass that along, as well as doing cardio AFTER lifting. As for "all musclely" she means bulky. She wants to get rid of some body fat (not much at all for her :) ) and get cut.

And I've told her many times that she won't just bulk up unexpectedly. It can't happpen. But she's been brainwashed by lots more people than me. One voice in a crowd, even yelling the truth, often gets ignored.

Tell her in order to get CUT you must lift heavy..lifting light weights and high reps will not get you cut at all!! Does not get the job done..she will NOT get bulky as long as she eats clean..lifting and building muscle creates lean mass which boosts your metabolism and helps w/ fat burning..that is how you get lean..not by cardio!!! will just end up being a skinny fat girl:( YUK! Trust me...I used to have the same thinking when it came to lifting..now i lift heavy all the time..better results..she does not have the natural hormones to get big..so no worries!

new@gettinbig said:
Tell her in order to get CUT you must lift heavy..lifting light weights and high reps will not get you cut at all!! Does not get the job done..she will NOT get bulky as long as she eats clean..lifting and building muscle creates lean mass which boosts your metabolism and helps w/ fat burning..that is how you get lean..not by cardio!!! will just end up being a skinny fat girl:( YUK! Trust me...I used to have the same thinking when it came to lifting..now i lift heavy all the time..better results..she does not have the natural hormones to get big..so no worries!

Preaching to the choir. I've given her the same speech, almost verbatim.

Add me to the list of women who did NOT get big from heavy lifting. What I did get was a body better than I'd ever hoped for. My husband told me for years to "stop playing with the baby colored dumbells and lift some real iron if you really want to get tight and hard". I finally listened and it worked.

Also, I changed my cardio from all those long sessions of plodding in the "fat burning zone" to include some sessions of interval training. Takes less time, more fun, and put nice definition in my legs. I switched doing cardio from before weights to after weights. That way all my energy (stored glycogen) could be used for the weights, and by the time I did cardio I was depleted to get into burning the fat stores more quickly.

Lastly I changed my diet. That made the biggest difference. I used to think I could eat what I wanted as long as I worked out. I realized I was shooting myself in the foot. With the right diet, I had the energy to work out even harder and the results came even faster.

Last edited:
Give this post to YOUR girl...these are girls speaking from EXPERIENCE!!! We have tried the light weights...and hours and hours of cardio...starving our bodies to be thin and look a certain way etc....Most of us had to learn the HARD way....why not make things simple and take the advice of women that have been there and done that...and can save you some time and endless journey to success....will not happen any other way!! Lift some fuckin LBS!!!!

I wish I could bring her here and show her all your great advice, but this is my little sanctuary and I have some secrets here that I'd rather she didn't know about.

I talked to her some last night and she's really excited about me helping her. Wed is my day off the gym and I'm going to go in with her.

I just hope I can convince her of all the things you've said.

You could buy her Oxygen magazine. It has good training and diet info. Good athletic/fitness type physiques too. Goes way beyond the skinny-fat toothpicks in mags like Shape, Fitness, and so forth who all have to do push-ups on their knees!

Top Bottom