Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Went to Powerhouse gym today

R

revexrevex

That place was like a circus. Saw a 60 year old man deadlift 500 for 3 reps. Saw some greek guy with probably 20 inch muscular lean arms, absolutely no chest back or legs (one of the guys I went there with came straight up to him and told him he was small), saw some huge guy do 2 reps with 315 bouncing it as hard as possible off his chest, then getting up and bragging to all of his friends, some guy in college football tshirt doing a 180 lb flat dumbell press for like 10 reps. You can write a book for all the people that go to the gym and do weird stuff

Rev,

Sounds interesting. . . I have trained in a powerhouse in Aurora, Colorado, but I didn't see things like what you mentioned.

In the town I live in we have a HUGE Golds gym and a resonable size Powerhouse. The Powerhouse is the hardcore gym and the Golds is a meat market. I lift at Powerhouse because I think its a better enviroment with some serious powerlifters and bodybuilders.

revexrevex said:
That place was like a circus. Saw a 60 year old man deadlift 500 for 3 reps. .....some guy in college football tshirt doing a 180 lb flat dumbell press for like 10 reps. You can write a book for all the people that go to the gym and do weird stuff

Not sure what is so weird about these 2 things? The first one is unusual - but so is winning the lottery. I think it is good.

The college guy doing 180 for 10...if he is a wide receiver I don't think that is weird. If he is just some guy wearing a t shirt but doesn't play ball - its not bad, if he is just interested in staying toned and somewhat in shape. Not everyone is a competitor or interested in training hard.

What I meant by circus is that you can see a wide variety of unusual people in a hardcore gym. That is what I meant

Top Bottom