Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weights vs cardio

mish12345

hi, i'm considering a half marathon in 5 months, but im starting training from scratch. im in good shape and regularly weight train, however i am wondering if training long distance running regularly will affect my weight training? will i still be able to get good results? do u think one may jeapordise the other? im 19 and 80kg.
thanks

long distance running will definitely have some effect on your more muscular endeavors. i ran distance in college and had to lift 3X a week, and my numbers werent the most impressive. thing is, eat your ass off! i didnt eat as well as i should and my energy expenditure was through the roof. had i ate more, im sure my training wouldve gone better. i was ripped to shreds, but couldnt squat for shit. some sacrifice will have to be made in my opinion, but ive seen many swole triathletes, so it is possible. good luck man!! keep us posted

Absolutely one will jeopardize the other. I know a lot of triathletes and a lot of runners, and the ones who care to make progress in the weightroom have to wait until the offseason to do so.

I am not saying you can't be in good cardio shape and enjoy both lifting and running, but training to run 13 miles is definitely going to put a dent in your lifting, but it is all about what you want to do....if you want to run a half-marathon, then you need to prioritize and put lifting on the back burner for a while....there is definitely nothing wrong with that, running is a great sport.

Top Bottom