Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weight loss

lady---

First, welcome to the boards! There is a lot of experience, experiment and knowledge among our members. There is also some basic stuff that you need to understand about weightloss. The simplest thing is that its a 'lifestyle' -- anything you do to "jumpstart" weightloss will only give you a false sense of accomplishment - as you noted that you lost like 30 lbs in 3 weeks -- mostly water. You can actually physically only lose about 1/2 lb of fat per week. Did you gain back the 30 lbs? Also if you cut calories way back, your body thinks its going into starvation mode and will also slow down accordingly - now you are doubly screwed - you aren't getting the nutrients your body needs and your metabolism is slowing. If you keep doing it (yoyo diets), then each time you scare your metabolism into thinking its starving again, it takes longer to get it to "trust" you.

I think I've heard of that cider diet, but I've also heard of a couple others --- (can't find the link I want -- but remember the Scarsdale Diet, etc?) -- you can fake your body out for short period of time w/ fad diets that are really just restrict your calorie or carb or whatever intake, you drop some water weight and then it comes back later. If it was that easy, how come the US now has a population that is now 50% obese???

I would suggest that you start learning about some better ways to eat & exercise -- about.com has a lot of good info if you search on "diet". The elite diet & training boards are also good. But I guarantee you will get flamed unmercilessly if you don't get some basic understanding of the 'lifestyle'. I think all of us here have had to come to that realization our selves -- personally I've been fighting the same 15 lbs since puberty -- I've never been happy w/ my weight -- that makes me 20 years miserable and bitchy about it. So I'm learning.... what did i learn?

- no quick fixes - pills, diets or otherwise
- eat to live, not live to eat
- estrogen-pattern fat -- hips, thighs, butts -- most women suffer from this because we are women - if you got it, plan to live w/ at least some of it
- no such thing as spot reduction -- you want to lose weight in your caboose, tummy, etc. --- diet , train, cardio -- you will tighten up in other places not as prone to fat, and the stuff in the butt will be the last to go as well --- more fat cells there and that's the way it stays unless you get lipo.

Anyway, not to flame or attack or anything else --- just educate yourself, don't be sold on diet pills, etc. or any quick-fixes.

Good luck and learn lots!

~ sassy :angel:

thank ya sassy for getting us back on track... we were getting a little bored and stir crazy or something for awhile :) always a level headed one that sass...

U need to spend some serious time and educate yourself about nutrition and a healthy lifestyle!!! U just want to be tone......well that is going to take a lot of effort and some lifting, cardio, and good dieting! U dont want to look like a bodybuilder!!!!! Well, i can assure u that u wont....it takes hard work, discipline, intense training, clean dieting, and time.....This board is for women who aspire to be healthy, strong ladies......We all have different goals...but we are not a like most of the population...trying to find liquid diets, magic pills, crazy cardio routines with light weights and high reps!!! That is what sets us apart, so your question of cider diet etc....That is NOT A DIET...sorry to burst your bubble. Eating clean 5-6 times a day, consistently...drinking tons of water, and learning how are bodies react to certain amounts of calories, foods, training and cardio....is called dieting....well i like to call it learning and a lifestlye change...Not a 3 month diet to drop 10lbs and gain it all back when u start eating shit again. U need to sit back, read and research the boards...u may learn a few things that just may help u! By the way there is no "COOL" way to lose weight!!! And if u did your research and know so much about this cider stuff, y u askin us????????

first of all mr. new u know i wasnt tring to be rude or anything , but your a total butt head i was asking cause maybe i thought you ppl new obviously you didnt . well enough wit you cause i dont wanna waste any more breath and typing on you .

and thank you sassy so far you are the only one who was nce , not biting my head off and stuff like that for just asking a few questions and things like that . and yes i do need to read up and learn more about be heathly , i was once on a track team i was very active when i was 16 and 17 yrs old now im 25 and im just not as active . one thing good about my body is my legs they are firm and have a bit of a muscle tone to them , thats from walking that i do alot cause of my job. my main goal is to weigh 120 , and to firm my upper arms , to firm my upper and lower tummy , to firm my butt a lil , and my inner thighs . i know its gonna take a long time im not exspecting to drop it over night and be some great looking model lol. it will take as long as i stick in there and keep it going . well i thank you for your inspiration . ........ :D

and for the rest of yall who replied to my thread , i might be hard headed , but im no diff. now than youwere when yall first started !!!!!!!!!!:p

ladyhawk25 said:
first of all mr. new u know i wasnt tring to be rude or anything , but your a total butt head i was asking cause maybe i thought you ppl new obviously you didnt . well enough wit you cause i dont wanna waste any more breath and typing on you .

and thank you sassy so far you are the only one who was nce , not biting my head off and stuff like that for just asking a few questions and things like that . and yes i do need to read up and learn more about be heathly , i was once on a track team i was very active when i was 16 and 17 yrs old now im 25 and im just not as active . one thing good about my body is my legs they are firm and have a bit of a muscle tone to them , thats from walking that i do alot cause of my job. my main goal is to weigh 120 , and to firm my upper arms , to firm my upper and lower tummy , to firm my butt a lil , and my inner thighs . i know its gonna take a long time im not exspecting to drop it over night and be some great looking model lol. it will take as long as i stick in there and keep it going . well i thank you for your inspiration . ........ :D

and for the rest of yall who replied to my thread , i might be hard headed , but im no diff. now than youwere when yall first started !!!!!!!!!!:p

glad we didn't scare you away, but you did come see us cause you wanted advice... there are some of the finest, most fit women on the net giving you some words of serious wisdom... open your hard ears and listen!!!

we all want whats best for you, and want to see you succeed... but it can be frustrating when we are giving you good advice (based on solid research and years of experience) and you didn't want to listen... (and we're all on some pretty strict diets, and various medications (some prescribed, some not :) ) up in here.... so we tend to jump on the handle once in awhile!)

(ok, and for the record, when i started, and even to this day, i have NEVER said anything negative to anyone trying to give me good solid advice... that's a good way to make people, who's help you may need, give up on you (this is a life rule, not just for here)... when you reasearch, read, learn, and finally do you can then start to get cocky... J/K :) hehe)

stick around, do some more research... we'll forgive ya for being a newbie.... we we're all there once upon a time...

hey phem , i know but thats the way i am im hard headed and i need to stop being that way . its just i realy dont have the modavation to start something and keep it up . il start it for a few weeks and then give up , either cause something is hurting to much or i just cant take anymore of if . but now i relize it doenst take just a few weeks to get fit . may i ask how do i start where do i start ? im new to this and very much clueless . thank you phem ....;)

ladyhawk25 said:
hey phem , i know but thats the way i am im hard headed and i need to stop being that way . its just i realy dont have the modavation to start something and keep it up . il start it for a few weeks and then give up , either cause something is hurting to much or i just cant take anymore of if . but now i relize it doenst take just a few weeks to get fit . may i ask how do i start where do i start ? im new to this and very much clueless . thank you phem ....;)

read, research, make small changes... small steps forward are better than large leaps that land you on your ass...

don't expect anything to happen overnight... as some wise person once said "there are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going"

first, and formost... eat... real food... enough to sustain some serious activity (cardio + weights) ... once you do all that.. hey... its all fine tuning from there (lots of fine tuning, but its all just fine tuning)

ok ok... i took the day of work...got some sleep and gained some sanity so its my turn.... i apologize for bein a lil snippy;) . no but seriously-- i do remember how i was when i started to learn about fitness and nutrition. i remember dating this guy who was big time into fitness and modeling..his ex wife was a BB and i was just lil ole me...never went to the gym before..eating bagels and shit. i had no clue. wellllll, all i was doing was trying to learn some things but everytime i asked the man he made me feel like shit soooooo i will try to be a better person. where to start? -- its honestly just reading... read the boards...muscle mags...etc.. even if u dont want to look like a BB(bodybuilder) or like the women on the cover of those mags look...just read them anyway. u will find some solid info in them. when i started i really had NO CLUE but i remember just sitting up reading for hours about this stuff. once i started i couldnt get enough!! i love to read so that didnt hurt. just read up darlin and u will get there. take baby steps:D
p.s -- "MR.NEW" is not a mr.:( she is a female...a beautifully buff female!!! go to warlobos "hi my name is" thread .... all of the people who responded to ur thread have a lil bio there...check it out!

Hey Girl, I know what you mean about the kangaroo...lol I have been training for 7 years and have 4 beautiful children. 2 C-sections and 2 natural deliveries. What has helped me OTHER than the routine ab exercises is using dermalean gel and firming lotion QD. Through out the day try and continually stay aware of keeping your "pouch" sucked in and not relaxed. I flex my abs throughout the day and now I don't even think abt it. My pouch has gone down considerably. Building the muscle in your lower abs can fill some of that in also...mine lower abs are still weak as my son was just born last year...BUT Nikki- I'm sure we look a lot better than most moms out there who just give up and say- "well, I've had kids so I can't help how I look"...I hear that a lot... BTW...there are control top thongs out there now:) LOl

Good luck....Karyn

Top Bottom