Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight gain for a cardio freak

aN8

Firstly, this is my debut post here. I am not a bodybuilder but I have great respect for the knowledge and dedication displayed by posters here.

I'm a rower at a high competitive level, the season is almost over and I want to make some serious weight and STRENGTH gains for next season. The problem I have is that although I plan on doing weights every 3rd day, the other 2 will be spent doing over an hour of cardio- swimming, erging (ie.rowing machine), running...

I weigh about 165 at 6', what weights programs and diet should I be on?. I am not interested in 'beach muscles' and the exercises i will be doing are: squat, power clean, deadlift, bench pull, hang pull. There will be some bench and shoulder presses done but this is just to prevent muscular imbalances between the back and chest (a problem i already have due to doing a 'pulling' action tens of thousands of times each week!)

Reps will likely be 4 by 5 of each these, all done to failure.

Diet: I am cursed with a very, very high metabolism and combined with the amount of calories burnt up in other training, I have struggled to gain muscle mass. i'm planning on going on a 'seefood' diet, should i just cram in literally anything or should I stick to 'clean' foods?
i'm also thinking of going on protein shakes to increase my daily protein to close to 200g/day.

I would appreciate any comments on any aspects of whati have said or on anything else u consider relevant.

PS. Much as I'd like it, 'roids aren't an option!!

Don't go on a "seefood" diet. yes, you should eat a lot, but don't just mog everything and anything. I would say to eat relatively clean. Get in your "good" foods and after you've eaten them, then you can munch some shit just to get the overall calories up there. Also, why not drink a gallon of milk a day. Good protein and tons of calories

Top Bottom