Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weight drop

Guffy

I have recently started a new training program and diet, I lost about 8 lbs in a week, I still look the same, but I have upped my carbs and protein, just wondering if this is normal or not?

I'm willing to bet you've either upped your water intake or lowered your sodium intake (or both) and you dropped water, particularly since you say you don't see a big difference.

Cutting carbs low enough can cause water loss, too. Going into ketosis commonly causes a drop of anywhere from 4 to 10 pounds over a week.

daily calories are 2800 protein 210, carbs 315, and fats 78
:lmao: Definitely not low carbs! (says the woman who is currently eating 50 g. a day or less ...)

could it possibly be the fats I have dropped my intake of those significantly?
Fats are only going to have an influence on your water if you eat ketogenically, which you in no way are.

If you cleaned up your carb sources (i.e., cut out the refined sources), got rid of sugar and cut your sodium, there's your water loss, seriously.

Trust me, we can hold tons of water, TONS! Back when I had my son I was deeply disappointed I hadn't lost the promised 25 or so pounds of baby, placenta and fluid. In fact, I'd barely lost anything. However, my feet were so swollen I couldn't wear regular shoes and had to pry off my wedding band before it cut off my circulation. Over the course of the ensuing two to three weeks I dropped about 30 lbs. of just fluid.

Now a days, when I go out of ketosis I pile on at least 4 lbs. of water in under 48 hours that takes almost a week to drop.

I have recently started a new training program and diet, I lost about 8 lbs in a week, I still look the same, but I have upped my carbs and protein, just wondering if this is normal or not?
best of luck for new training program diet.

Top Bottom