Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

wearing a sweater while working out

22crunblez

would it be a good idea to wear a sweater while doing cardio and lifting? do you guys think I can burn more calories that way and loss weight faster? it might be a stupid theory, but I just started working out fro first time ever because I'm over weight and I have zero knowledge about dieting and exercising, all I know is I want to lose weight,thank you.

If working out in a sweater makes you feel more comfortable - wear one

Wearing a sweater will not make you burn fat faster then working out in a t-shirt or tank top. You will sweat more so if you weigh yourself immediately after the workout you will weight less but that's just because you are more dehydrated then if you worked out in a t-shirt or tank top.

In fact, the opposite is actually true. Remember that the body's internal core temperature is 38 degrees celicus and room temperature is around 21 degrees celsius. The less clothes you wear, the harder your body has to work to maintain it's internal core temperature and the more calories you burn.

You would theoretically burn more calories working out naked then wearing a sweater and sweat pants.

This would be a good way of getting dehydrated, but not of burning additional calories. Even if you did burn additional calories this way, the difference would be minimal, and it would definitely not be worth the risk of getting overheated and dehydrated. If you want to burn more calories, do more cardio.

we used to put on sweaters and run in the heat to make weight back in the day.. a great way to lose a few pounds on the fly but other than that not much use.

a lot of guys like wearing hoodies at the gym to get themselves focused and get away from the environment. if that is going to help you in that way then go for it.. personally i live in a hot climate and my gym temperature is always high so this would be of no benefit

would it be a good idea to wear a sweater while doing cardio and lifting? do you guys think I can burn more calories that way and loss weight faster? it might be a stupid theory, but I just started working out fro first time ever because I'm over weight and I have zero knowledge about dieting and exercising, all I know is I want to lose weight,thank you.

It will make you lose more water, most of which will get back into place once you drink some. But in terms of fatloss - it doesnt change anything.

I am one of the guys who always trains in a hoodie. I do it for a few reasons. First off it allows me to block out the other people and "noise" around me. I am completely focused like a horse with blinders on. I just listen to my music and crush weights. Second it prevents people from knowing what I look like with a tighter fitting shirt. I love helping people but do not want all the questions about what supplements I use, etc while I am training. I come on the forums for that but when I am training that is my time.

Top Bottom