Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weakling moving from SS to WS: Help

upmysleeve

After about 16 months of not going to the gym I went back to Starting Strength a little less than 5 weeks ago.

At the end of my 6 week program my lifts will be

Squat 245 x 5 x 3
Bench 215 x 5 x 3
Deads 285
Row 205 x 5 x 3
Milpress 150 x 5 x 3

I won't tell you how much I weigh because I'm not in the mood to get laughed at.

But my brother has been doing West Side for about a year (he lives in another state), and he advised me to buy certain bands from Elite Fts.

Gym Chalk - A-CHALK

EFS Pro Short Monster Mini Band x 2

EFS Pro Monster Mini Bands x 2

EFS Pro Mini Band x 2

EFS Pro Short Mini Band x 2

I don't know how I'm going to secure these bands in my Commercial gym

Can anybody give me a guide to doing my first workout or first week, based on the lifts I sited earlier?

I'm moving from something super simple to something much more complex, and I'm having trouble figuring out what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Read in one of the contributors articles at elitefts.com that you can just use dumbells to secure the bands.

More importantly, simple routines tend to work the best. Westside templates are usually best for advanced lifters who already have tons of experience and strength.

I can't really tell if you're close to just starting training or if you've been doing it for years, or if you are really heavy or really light (no ones laughing)...so I can't really relate your numbers to your training experience.

Ok so I saw you're at about 187 lbs...your lifts aren't terrible and they will progress, but you aren't ready for an advanced and complicated program either.

I would look into other routines. Wendler 5/3/1 is a great and simple routine if you are willing to be consistent with it. Good luck.

Top Bottom