Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Water vs Milk

A

Advaik

Instead of drinking 1 gallon of water a day couldnt i just drink 1 gallon of skim milk a day? I'll get extra protein and calories from the milk but would I still get the same benefits as if I were drinking water?

thats kinda a lot of sugar...I would go with 1/2 of each if I liked milk that much. Good source of calories though. You still wanna be taking in a lot of water, not just a lot of liquid.

If you are taking in massive amounts of milk (or other liquids) then you can possibly get away with slightly less water. But you certainly do not want to omit water completely. There are benefits to drinking just plain water.

Keep your system flushed out by drinking lots of water. Can you imagine performing heavy squats with tons of milk in your system? Be prepared to yak!!

This question was discussed about 1.5-2 years ago. Try doing a search for it, and if you cannot find it let me know.

The answer is YES, you can use milk for your daily water requirements. Ideally, you should still consume water even outside of food and beverage sources as well. The goal is to stay hydrated as much as possible. I can't remember the total amount of water in milk off the top of my head (Nonfat, 1%, 2%, etc)...but I posted it in that thread. Let me know if you can't find the thread and i'll dig up the water percentages for each.

BMJ

I'd agree, drink as much milk as you want, as long as the amount of sugar in it fits into your carb schedule...... and if it doesn't, vut yourself off at an amount of milk taht would still keep you under your carb limit, then make up the rest with water.. Just make sure to stay hydrated one way or the other.

When buliking drinking milk instead of water is a good idea

but on a reaaly strict diet you should drink less milk because of lactose

The water in milk, soda, food etc is no different then drinking water. So the more liquids and water dense foods you take in, the less drinking water you need. Babies survive drinking ONLY milk, and they more then triple their weight on the stuff. So, yes, milk is an OK substitute. However, a gallon of milk is a TON of extra calories.

Top Bottom