Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vitamins making me ill!!!

Gladiola

I take a regular women's daily multivitamin from GNC. Over a year ago when I started (had never taken them before), one morning I took them & my ECA at the same time on an empty stomach & really though I was going to throw up - it was AWFUL! Then I always took them with food. I stopped taking the vitamins when I realized I was probably getting enough of everything cuz I ate TONS of fruits & veggies.

Saturday I started my 'cutting' diet (I got strict again) & I'm limiting fruit. I also dropped ECA b/c I've been taking it consistently for too long (close to a year, maybe), but I still feel sick now from the damn vitamins! & I took it after eating 4 egg whites & a 1/2 cup of oatmeal!!!!!

Is this just me????

I take the same vitamins from GNC (the pink bottle right?) and with the normal serving (2 tabs per day) i felt like you did... so what i did was to reduce the dose... because the doctor told me that maybe the doses are for older women whose vitamin requirements are more than mine... so the recommendation was to take 1 per day or half in the morning and half in the evening with meals.

Could part of the reason for your current sick-feelingness be ECA withdrawal? Ask any speed addict what it felt like the first time they kicked, lol.

But seriously, I never take any pills on an empty stomach, cos sometimes they do that to me too.

Maybe it's the combination of new vitamins and no more ECA?

Wyst

wyst said:
Could part of the reason for your current sick-feelingness be ECA withdrawal?
Good point, but I stopped the ECA on Saturday (for the past week I hadn't taken the 3X per day doses regularly anyway) & started the vitamins on Monday. It was only today that they made me ill & I took them with 1/2 cup oatmeal & 4 egg whites. Not sure! :confused:

Sometimes I get sick after taking vitamins in the morning...whether I follow them with food or not. One instance when I did not eat after I took the vitamins, I threw up almost pretty instantly (after I got a cold sweat and very nauseous).
I find that if I eat at the same time that I take the vitamins or eat a little, take the vitamins, and then eat some more, I am not so nauseous.

bunny

I get sick to my stomach when I take any pills with water, just in my head I feel like I can taste them, even if they are capsules and I really can't.

its all in your head, maybe a fear of swallowing or something...would suck to be your boyfriend lol JK

Gladiola,
Your concern is a very common one. Most likely, the problem is with the formula ( synthetic vs natural), and not fat soluble vitamins. For ex. Does your formula contain ascorbic acid or rose hips? Ascorbic acid is just that and nothing more, furthermore, if taken with asprin can lower stomach ph and cause upset. Natural C from rose hips contain a whole spectrum of bioflavonoids and is far better. Forget about those GNC vitamins and get a vegetarian formula vit for women, Solgar has some. Most people have success with this switch.

Top Bottom