Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Urgent Information From The Beast!! Weigh Your Plates!!

Hey Beast...if I could put that many plates on a bench I wouldn't care how much they weigh. I barely squat that much :D

I posted a long time ago regarding this issue.

If you have several different casts of plates in your gym, you should always match the plates up to be the same cast. For the very reason that you could throw out the balance on your lifts.

I see folks at the gym mixing and matching all the time and through weighing every cast of plate at my gym, I've figured that they could be off as much as 10 pounds on one side of a bench lift if they did a poor mix.

I've seen some of the individual plates off by as much as 3.5 lbs of the listed weight.

Same goes for dumbells, some are heavier or lighter than listed.

I try to reach for the same cast in the plates when I load up the bar from week to week. Sometimes I'm searching the room for the "blue plates", or the "black ones", or the thin ones, etc.

I suppose if my gym was richer they'd have all the same plates, but they don't. The weight room is kind of old equipment and an "old school" feel to it. I like that though so I'm happy to trade off searching for the plates once and a while.

It's just something to be aware of I guess...

JoBu said:
Hey Beast...if I could put that many plates on a bench I wouldn't care how much they weigh. I barely squat that much :D

haha ThanX brother! The more plates you use the more of a problem it becomes. Especially with one side becoming heavier then the other as mentioned. I always use the same type of plates when doing compound lifts(The thick ones). But now theres only one gym where I have access to these thick plates. I train at 3 different gyms. Its could to use the same equipment when possible, so you can gauge your strength. Even if your not training for strength, progression is very important if you hope to grow. I train for both. ThanX again!! KILL THAT SHIT!!

i know a place that has spray painted a certain amount of their plates, with yellow paint, and these plates are way lighter than the others. when u load 3 to a side, you can tell it's off by 15-20 lbs. after benching 3 plates a side for more than 15 years, you know exactly what it's supposed to feel like. the only thing that bothers me is when i see guys walkin' around the gym trying to find them.

Top Bottom