Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Urge is gone -- I mean gone

Maximum Intensity said:
Very nice GenetiKing -- I am standing in applause right now. I can relate whole heartedly with what you displayed so profoundly. Thank you.

No problem bro. :) Stay tough and keep us posted.

From someone whos at the bottom looking up the ladder, I will say this

What you have on your arms, on your chest and on your shoulder is a definition of your overpowering will to never be content with mediocrity, with default lifestyle, not to eat like the rest of the cattle out there, not to graze in the same fields as them

Look at it this way

Years of hard work have got you what you have, it defines you as you and puts you on the physical map, but you cannot stop where you are now, if you do it will spread into your being and into your life, you will be half the man you are now, then quarter then nothing

This is real living, the vast majority of people are already dead, if you want to slip back into that comfortable 2bit existance, then go right ahead

The rest of us here will wave at you when we surpass you

It may be physical, but it could also be motivational. In fact it could be both since the physical and the emotional are so closely related. If it's physical- typically that there is gross overtraining, don't train for a couple of weeks, and you should be raring and ready to go back to the gym. If this doesn't help- and you are physically healthy, then the problem may be motivational. Remember that our emotions all have a physical component to them. If you find your motivation lagging, as seems to be happening, check your conscious and subsconcious premises and evaluate what training and bodybuilder mean to you, in the context of your value system. You may have a conscious or unconscious value conflict which is sapping your motivation. This isn't always such a bad thing, if you can engage in some self examination and reflection to ferret out any value conflicts you are having. Talking it out with a friend can sometimes help too, if you have a friend like that that will listen. Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited:
Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone on the board who offered such inspiring words of wisdom. The combination of reading your replies and having an outstanding training partner who is doing everything he can to pull me out of this "funk", has helped me back onto the road clarity. Although not completely 100%, my motivation is slowly returning. I might not be as intense as I have been in the near past, but I am getting into the gym and training at about 95%. Again, I want to send my deepest appreciation to my brothers of iron. This is our lives and our identity -- I personally don't know what I would do without it.

Cheers to your return.
If you want to gain that last 5%, I sugguest you make a visit to your local ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET.
Look around, and the sight of all those weak minds and bodies will be all the motivation you will ever need to get back to 100%.

I'm glad to hear that, MI.

No one leads a perfect life and no one (who has been around long enough) has stayed 100% the whole time. Life is full of valleys and peaks. The trick to long-term success is to not get discouraged when you're in the valley. Everything is temporary, even the time spent in the low spots. (I'm in a small funk right now myself, although it isn't training related.) Start climbing again. Consistency reaps it's own rewards...there is nothing wrong or embarrasing about losing motivation and concentration, it happens to all of us. The key is, just don't ever give up for good! That's the only way you can ever truly be defeated.

You're a winner, a champ...a warrior. So shine your body armor up, arm yourself, prepare for war! Get brutal! You're back in the game bro! You're alive!

Congrats, MI! :cool:

Top Bottom