Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

upper back and hip weakness

the koala

title says it all

my static strength in the upper back is not enough to hold my upper back straight during >90% deadlifts, always rounds up a little

thought that maybe i need more ab strength to improve my iap and maybe sitting good mornings would help too

also my hip strength absolutely sucks, the more i get my knees out at the bottom of the squat the more i have to strain to get out of the hole, once i'm past the 1/3 of the movement the weight just shoots up, guess that maybe more ab strength and a better iap might help here too

apart from that, what other exercises would be recommended for gaining hip strength?

thanks in advance,
the koala

If you have access to them, glute ham raise, reverse hyper, 45 degree raise. Since I do not, super low box squats, regular box squat with 3 second pause, heavy straight legged deads, zercher squats, romanian deadlifts, any thing against bands, deadlifts or squats, pullthroughs, things of that nature.

Hope this helps.

Oh forgot, good mornings and again if you have access, draggin a sled, forwards or backwards and ankle dragging, also deads with feet all the way to the plates.

Let us know how it goes.

I just can't see a typical powerlifter doing that, major hip rotation and would take a lot of flexibility, two things not so typical for powerlifters, sounds more like something for an oly competitor.

Brutal either way!

they are wicked though. and I'm not all that flexible.

worst thing was that I had to buy elbow pads (the softer kind), and wrap them around so that the pad was where the bar would be across my arms in my "elbow pit"

just kinda annoying. wicked hammie/glute/low back workout though, zounds.

Top Bottom