Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

uncooked oatmeal?

I started eating dry oatmeal after I tasted it one morning before cooking it. I liked it, and hey, I don't have to worry about cooking it either. I eat about 1/2 to 2/3 cup in the mornings with my egg whites or I have mixed with protein shake.

After reading this thread, I've come to the conclusion that you dry-oatmeal eaters are insane.

Actually, no, it's not bad. Tasty, chewy, and a good snack. But two cups of it???

Stevie G,
I think that we all know that oatmeal is a complex carb and doesn't contain much protein. The initial question concerned the amount of oatmeal that the diet called for when it said two cups uncooked. The guy was unsure whether that meant to eat it uncooked or what. I really don't think that anyone on this board thinks that oatmeal is a high protein food, however, it is a food that most bodybuilders consume.

i eat dry oatmeal sometimes. i don't know why i like it but i do. I guess i really DO eat like a horse!

one good thing i noticed is that it takes me longer to eat it when it's dry(chew chew chew) so i get full on less of it. i'm cutting so that's a good thing.

Sticks to the roof of your mouth.

well LSU i understood the question fully, however on a high protein diet, shouldnt he be eating protein in the morning such as eggs in the way of an omelett. i;m not trying to flame anyone here just give him my .002 why would you eat oatmeal dry anyway, it sux, cook the shit it's better that way!!

Stevie,
I'm no expert, but there is a difference between high protein, low carbs and high protein, no carbs. I think that you should eat about 30g carbs along with protein of course in the morning, and then another 30-40g postworkout. By eating complex carbs in the morning, your body is fueled and you don't crave them as much throughout the day. Your body really only needs carbs in the morning and after a workout from what I know.

Top Bottom