Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ultram as an antidepressant?

It was intended as a pain reliever but I've been reading about doctors using it off label as an antidepressant. I've used it and it is indeed the only thing short of a true opiate that boosts my mood. The past week my mental health has declined horribly with suicide thoughts returning. I'm agoraphobic and I have been getting nausea just thinking about leaving my apartment. I've discovered that if I pop a few tramadols I start feeling better in an hour. I've been on MAOIs and SSRIs and honestly none have done anything for me.

It truly does boost your mood. You won't get all high and giddy but that's not the goal. The goal is to just be able to live a normal life without being afraid to leave the house and feeling like shooting yourself.

It truly does boost your mood. You won't get all high and giddy but that's not the goal. The goal is to just be able to live a normal life without being afraid to leave the house and feeling like shooting yourself.

I haven't tried any pain reliever nor antidepressant. I think, you are the only one that can help yourself in stopping those drugs. You don't have to stop suddenly, try reducing it slowly.

I was on Ultram for about 4 years due to a severe back injury. I tried every pain medicine--oxycodone, oxycontin, dilaudid, morphine, darvocet, percoset, amytriptyline, gabapentin/neurontin etc--and nothing worked EXCEPT Ultram.

Eventually, I had 2 back surgeries, the 2nd one being a success. I then weaned myself off the Ultram. Let me tell you that is some hard stuff to come off of...vomiting, the shakes, dizziness, dairrhea, severe headaches.

It absolutely DOES boost your mood. I had been on a number of antidepressants during my life, and none (surprisingly) elevated my mood as well as Ultram.

I would advise you to check out "long-term effects of Ultram (Tramadol)" on Google. Somewhere there will pop up a link which has first hand stories from people on various medicines and how their pain/mood/quality of life has been positively or negatively affected. I can completely understand if you are in a situation where you feel that you have no other alternatives.

Aside from Ultram, an antidepressant that worked for me was Celexa (or Selexa).

I wish you the best in your search for happiness/good functioning!

Top Bottom