Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Udo Erasmus take on flax seed oil

jet

Udo Erasmus states that the ratio between omega-3 and omega 6 in flax seed oil is 4 1/2 to 1 where as the ideal ratio is 2 1/2 to 1. He goes on to say that long term use of flax seed oil can lead to omega-6 deficiency which can cause such things as dry skin, heart beat problems, prostate cancer and vision problems.

So WTF, should i sto taking flax? Is 2 tbs a day better than none at all? What oil as the ideal ratio of 2 1/2 to 1?

I thought Udo Erasmus was a flax advocate then I read this:

www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/articles/udoerasmus.htm

Here's a pretty good discussion on this topic:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&th=31806c5dbf5038fc,24&start=0

Both Will Brink and Elzi Volk know their shit.

Basically, a typical diet (red meat, dairy, poultry) will be high in omega-6, and low in omega-3. Thus the need to add Flax.

Udo's Choice has his recommended ratio.

Will Brink probably has the best advice; rotate the oils. When dieting, use Flax Oil. When maintaining or bulking, use Udo's Choice.

For the perfect blend, I take Udo's "Perfect Blend" EFA oils. They sell it in the refridgerated section of my local health food store. Cleared up my acne and dry skin within 2 weeks.

Dear Jet,

Udo is actually 100% correct. But, this is probability not a possibility, for people usually get some type of Omega-6, no matter what (unless you're an anorexic)... I do see UDO's choice blend as probably one of the best combinations out there, not only because it tastes good and nutty, but also because it contains perfect ratios of Omega 3/6/9 and MCT. The MCT, in turn, provides energy and increases Ketone release. I actually believe mixing the Omega 3/6/9 and MCT is probably one of the best combos for maximum health and fat-loss.

Mr.X :cool:

So where do they sell udo's oils? Do a lot of health food stores carry it or do I have to do mail order?

I am sure almost every Max Muscle store has it.

I would check out Mass Quantities, the supplement company that runs with EliteFitness. The link is on top, supplements. See if they have it.

If not, I think most of health food stores have it.

Mr.X :cool:

I USE UDO'S BOTH OFF-SEASON AS WELL AS CONTEST DIETING. I USE UP TO 7 TABLESPOONS A DAY WHEN I DROP MY CARBS. UDO HIMSELF GAVE ME 18 BIG BOTTLES OF THE OIL FREE CAUSE I KNOW HIS SON AND I USE SO MUCH OF IT. GTREAT STUFF,

Top Bottom