Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tuna protien vs. shake protien

patro

Does anybody find it surprising that one can of tuna (130g) has 34g of protien, but the New Science Pure Whey Protein (which I'm taking) has only 22g?

Maybe I have some kick ass tuna (for protien) and some cheap whey. Anyone else ever notice this? It just seems like the protein supplements should have way more.

-PATRO

100g tuna = 25g protein
100g protein powder = between 80 and 99g protein
100g gainer = between 15 ang 30g protein

Okay, but how much does 100g of tuna cost compared to 100g of protein powder?

Cost is a big issue for some of us....

.... if it wasn't, I don't know why anyone in their right mind would choose tuna over protein powder. Protein powder is tasty.

well i prefer to eat real food whenever i can. Its digested slower, plus we can act like we known everything there is to know about nutrients. But when it comes to explaining the synergetic properties of whole foods scientists are still grabbing in the dark.

lol.. how many grams is in one serving of you New Science Pure Whey Protein? probably around 30 grams rite? therefore it can't contain as much as 130g of something else, no matter how many grams of protein they try to cram into it.. it's logically impossible rite?

john

I think you're always going to be better of when eating food. The shakes and bars are there to supplement your meals.

foreverblast2-

That's a good point, but rather than looking at the grams (weight) I'm looking at one serving of each. Sure, 130g of tuna may not be what the food packagers consider one serving, but who only eats 3/4 of a can of tuna? You eat it all, right?

So I'm comparing between a choice of a serving of tuna vs. a serving of protien. And if you measure by grams, it's different - like comparing apples and oranges since one is a powder and the other is a fish. But you still make a valid point.

-PATRO

tuna v whey

Feed that skanky smelling tuna to your cat and drink the protein powder! protein gram for gram is CHEAPER and BETTER with whey v tuna. Ok tuna with water two cans for $1 are about 60 grams of protein 12.5 grams x 5 servings in two cans. optimum whey is $25 for about 1700 grams of protein which is slightly cheaper! Also the whey is FAR SUPERIOR QUALITY!! I know b/c I used to eat that smelly foul tuna before I figured this out. Do you think your digestive system KNOWS or CARES the difference between protein in a solid v a liquid? NO! It just breaks the shit down. Also mix some flax with the whey or it can digest too fast and send you to the shitter faster than you can make it there!!-Mel

ehm i dont wanna be harsh but the body not caring if a prot is liquid or solid? cough cough.

anyway why do you think most pros prefer to eat solid meals instead of SUPPLEMENTS (yes it says supplements, as in extra addition to normal) they get theres for free.

anyway my .02 cents not ment as a flame so please dont start an argument i dont need the stress man

Top Bottom