Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trying to lose weight..

First off, let me congratulate you on getting on a program and sticking with it. Now comes the fun part with feed back and modifications. You've gotten a lot of really good advice so far. I've just got some questions before I throw my $0.02 out there...

1) What type of metabolism do you have? (Slow/Average/Fast)

2) Are you eating 5 to 6 meals a day?

3) What supplements are you currently taking?

4) Is weight loss or toning your goal?

Sorry about all the questions, but I usually like to have a better idea of what your specific goals are. You can also e-mail me if you ever have any questions.

1) I have a pretty slow metabolism by nature but I think it is speeding up (feel more energetic and restless a lot more.. by restless I mean I feel the need to get up and do something like yardwork or housework).

2) I'm working up to 5-6 meals a day.. currently hovering around 4 with my busy schedule but I am looking at different kinds of meal replacement shakes high in protein (need about 100g more per day than current I think) ..any suggestions on brand?

3) I'm currently only taking an E/C/A stack before I workout.

4)neither really, I don't care about actually losing weight, just fat. If I gain more weight in muscle than I lose in fat, that will be just fine with me.

We've pretty much got the same metabolism then.. Lucky us, we just need to watch our diet all the more... :)

Anyhow, if you're eating 4 whole meals a day (carbs/pro/fat) then just add 2 protien shakes to your diet. My recommendation is Isopure Zero Carb (50g of Pro/serving, 0 Carbs). Otherwise, if you just want Meal Replacements, try Lean Body or Myoplex Deluxe.

Take a stack at breakfast/lunch and pre-workout. (as long as your work out isn't too late) Otherwise, just breakfast and lunch. If you work out after work then take your stack at meals 1/3/4.

I'd focus on that for the time being and then review it in 3 months. Good luck and keep us posted...

What would be the benefit of taking the stack 3 times a day? I thought it was mostly to make a workout more effective..

Good to hear from you again Billy!:) 14lbs that's great! Keep doing what you do, add a couple of shakes, and after about a month, when you are more use to the weight lifting, you can start making changes.

I thought of another question..
I am about 40lbs overweight (want to get to 200) and was wondering what kind of nutrition/supplements/whatever I should take before and after my workouts.. I leave work and head to the gy at about 5pm mon, tues, thurs, & fri and get there at about 5:30, work out until about 7 then some cardio for 15-30 minutes depending on energy levels.. when I leave it's close to 7:30 and it takes me another 30-45 minutes to drive home from there (I live out in the country) and then I usually start making dinner around 8:30.
Should I be worried about going into a catabolic state during/after my workout? Should I take a protein or protein+carb shake? Any ideas?

Thanks

Have a shake ready after workout. {In my opinion} if you are having an {intense workout for 2hrs.} yes you are going catabolic. You may even want to have a small shake before you leave work.

Rockaho said:
Have a shake ready after workout. {In my opinion} if you are having an {intense workout for 2hrs.} yes you are going catabolic. You may even want to have a small shake before you leave work.

Protein only or Protein and Carb shake?

Top Bottom