Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trouble swallowing

marshallmadman

This is going to come off as sounding kinda strange, but sometimes when I sit down to eat, the first bite of food I take seems to get somewhat lodged in my throat. Sometimes this happens, and it lasts for about 10 seconds, and sometimes it lasts 10 minutes. It is kind of scary, because I don't feel like I can breathe very well, and if it goes on for a while, I start to break out in a sweat. This used to happen to me occasionally when I was on a lot of creatine. I just started back on creatine after my cycle, and now it's happening again. What could the cause of this be?

does it ever feel like its not going down when you eat food alone, but goes down better when you drink with your food?

do u feel dry or drink enough when on the creatine?

I dont know if this is a side effect of creatine, but if its choking you id just stop taking creatine :)

Mild throat infection.

Dry mouth/throat.

Not chewing long enough before swallowing.

Dehydration.

This is a very serious problem. I'd stop the creatine and see if it stops occuring. You should learn how to do the himlech maneuver on yourself in case you choke. If you have been vomiting alot your gag reflex could not be working up to par causing this reaction. In the mean time try eating smaller bites, chew really good, take frequent sips of fluid. Please be very careful, this is a very common way for people to die. You should go see your Dr. ASAP!

OnMyWayBack said:
This is a very serious problem. I'd stop the creatine and see if it stops occuring. You should learn how to do the himlech maneuver on yourself in case you choke. If you have been vomiting alot your gag reflex could not be working up to par causing this reaction. In the mean time try eating smaller bites, chew really good, take frequent sips of fluid. Please be very careful, this is a very common way for people to die. You should go see your Dr. ASAP!

I have not been doing any frequent vomiting. This does usually only occur when I am loaded on creatine, and it could probably be a combination of throat infection, and dehydration. It seems that every time I do creatine, I get an upper respiritory infection. Has anyone else experienced this?

do u have any other signs of allergy when u take the creatine? any skin reactions....whiteness, hives/urticaria?

or potentially you are so dehydrated due to the creatine that you can;tsecrete enough saliva at first to make a 'wet' enough bolus of food

how about any other allergies/asthma? Its possible? that you might be allergic to it, this is causing inflammation in the back of yoiur throat which is causing difficulty in swallowing and creating the sensation of a sore throat...

I would go and see a doc for this...if you are getting these symptoms due to an OTC supplement like creatine its worth finding out why incase it happens again with something else

danielson said:
do u have any other signs of allergy when u take the creatine? any skin reactions....whiteness, hives/urticaria?

or potentially you are so dehydrated due to the creatine that you can;tsecrete enough saliva at first to make a 'wet' enough bolus of food

how about any other allergies/asthma? Its possible? that you might be allergic to it, this is causing inflammation in the back of yoiur throat which is causing difficulty in swallowing and creating the sensation of a sore throat...

I would go and see a doc for this...if you are getting these symptoms due to an OTC supplement like creatine its worth finding out why incase it happens again with something else

Are you kidding me? Doctors don't want to figure out what's really wrong with you, they just want to give you some pills that make you forget about what's wrong with you. I think I am just going to avoid the creatine.

Top Bottom