Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training with pain

maximus1986

Hey just need some advice, Had tendonitis in both elbows for 2 years now, got it after too much liftin and mma. i think it was the pressups everyday which did it. So i quit liftin 2 years ago but its not gone away, i have a physical job where im liftin 15kg boxes. Ive tried all types of pills, adding more fish to my diet and going to the doctors(he told me to rest it). Now i wanna start liftin again to build myself up. What can i do? if anythin. Thanks for your help.

I was getting some very painful tendon pain in my elbows from doing squats 3 times a week with poor shoulder flexibility.... Started to effect my bench and military presses it hurts so bad driving home was almost undoable.... I started squating using straps to hold the bar to take the bind off my elbows and now my tendons are healing up just fine, I'm not a big fan of curls but I might throw some in every once in awhile but any pulling or curls I don't open up my arms 100% I keep the elbows with a lil bend... Trust me I know how u feel I was jus bout to throw in the towel...
I was also told to ice it and heat it but I never did... But the jacuzzi made it feel good when I was hurting.

when you continuously pound away when you are injured then these types of ailments become chronic. sadly if you take a cortico or anti-inflammatory you will make the problem worse long term. you can try acupuncture and massage therapy... but you will need multiple treatments. this is your only option.

anyone who tells you to run ibuprofen or any other anti-inflammatory has their heart in the right place, but not their head.

I feel you. I had a radial fracture in my left arm 3 years ago, and ever since I've had tremendous pain similar to tendonitis in that elbow. I've tried everything under the sun, ice, heat, wraps, anti-inflammatories, dmso, vicodin, rest, rehabilitation style exercises with bands, etc.

In your case those little straps they make for tennis elbow may help take some of the pressure off the tendons you're aggravating. You can get one at Walmart or about anywhere. May be worth a try.

Top Bottom