Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training to sweat the cold out.

xporte100r

This old school method of sweating out the cold out, has been abandoned it seems. Something that drastic like training through the pain of being sick, has to have some merit or otherwise it would have never endured as long as it did. What do you guys think about sweating out a cold, has it ever made any of you feel better to hit some hard sweaty cardio to cut down the time you have a cold?

It doesn't make any sense at all to workout when sick. If you are sick, your immune system and recovery capabilities will be greatly diminished. Training when sick is counter productive.

Sweating helps your body eliminate toxins, yes, but I would use a sauna or an epsom salt bath to sweat out the toxins instead of working out.

I am very stubborn and your typical type A personality. I have trained many times when sick before and it always back fires. All it does is take me way longer to feel better.

When I am sick, I find that huge amounts of water, food and sleep is the best choice you could make

When I am sick I really have the "man flu".....or at least my wife says so. I prefer to rest for a day or 2 and get back to training when I can give a good effort.

This is why it is still an old school method - because it is neither healthy, nor effective. Your recovery will be much slower this way, and you might get even worse. If you are sick, your body needs to have some rest, so sleep and plenty of water will be the best things you can give to your body.

Top Bottom